Desensitizing Injections

Hi Guys

Just after some advice on desensitizing injections. I am having to consider this path and wondering what experiences other people have had. I know that my dog has a grass allergy (on her feet and sometimes her belly) that gets to the stage of tablets every winter and this year its worse. I hate putting her on the steriods and the antihistamines just dont do it for her any more.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Hi,

No I havent had a consult with a dermatolagist, as there isnt one closer than 3hrs away. (Cant get out of work either). New job no holidays for a while. Feet too sore and red to leave much longer.

Vet did say we could try that first or get the blood tests done and look at the injections. But due to the distance and not being open on a Sat, I have to go blood tests first.

No, no pet insurance.

Dreading the bill but it has to be done and if it means working 3 jobs then that is what I will have to do. Wont be the first time I have gone into the thousands though.

Hi there,

My rr has been through the spot test and the 6 weeks of eating roo and potato to eliminate food allergies and he ia allergic to dust mites , he has been on the injections for 3 weeks now and seems better but since finding out we wash his bedding twice a week in hot water so its probably a culmination ofalot of changes, with the antihistamines you have to alternate brands regulary according to our dermatologist .