Chicken Treats Imported From China

I was wondering whether anyone elses dog was affected by the above?

I have typed up a letter and was going to send it to the company to let them know what happened with my pooch and so they know i'm not happy etc about the $$$ it has cost me and her health. I don't know where i stand though. I don't want it to turn around on me and for them to sue me or take me to court for writing a letter to them.

I was wondering what other people might have done?

Lizzy's vet gave her results to Sydney university and they were apparantly looking into it. I asked her vet the other day and he said the case etc seems to have just died! It is not good enough as far as i can see and i want answers or compensation.

one of my girls was given 3 months to live after she mysteriously developed renal failure, she was only 5 at the time. Out of the blue she recovered after weeks of care and treatment. A couple of months later the case of the chicken jerky strips surfaced. My vet rang me straight away and sure enough i was feeding them particular treats to her on regular basis. the were suppose to 100% chicken breast, well so the ingrediants said. I am fussy about what goes into my dogs mouths and trusted them treats to be a good choice! My sister in laws mother was not so lucky, her dog died, at the same time, again sudden onset illnes in a 12 month old CKCS he lost his battle. The treats were supposibly recalled however as a retailer i never recieved any instruction to remove that product from my shelves and i made the decsion myself to voulintarily recall them at my loss! I have contact the company, as have several other ppl i know who have all being affected by them. The company denied any fault with there product or on there part. I am disgusted that these treats continued being sold for months after the problem was bought to light! and still the company chooses to burry there heads in the sand :p

i was lucky to have had my girl recover many others not so :laugh:

one of my girls was given 3 months to live after she mysteriously developed renal failure, she was only 5 at the time. Out of the blue she recovered after weeks of care and treatment. A couple of months later the case of the chicken jerky strips surfaced. My vet rang me straight away and sure enough i was feeding them particular treats to her on regular basis. the were suppose to 100% chicken breast, well so the ingrediants said. I am fussy about what goes into my dogs mouths and trusted them treats to be a good choice! My sister in laws mother was not so lucky, her dog died, at the same time, again sudden onset illnes in a 12 month old CKCS he lost his battle. The treats were supposibly recalled however as a retailer i never recieved any instruction to remove that product from my shelves and i made the decsion myself to voulintarily recall them at my loss! I have contact the company, as have several other ppl i know who have all being affected by them. The company denied any fault with there product or on there part. I am disgusted that these treats continued being sold for months after the problem was bought to light! and still the company chooses to burry there heads in the sand :p

i was lucky to have had my girl recover many others not so :laugh:

This is terrible!!!! and i'm ropeable about the whole situation!!! My girl first started getting sick last Febuary and this was ongoing for months and months (and still suffering). The treats caused her to develop pancreatitias to which i have so much troubles controlling! She has had so many flare ups. At one points the vet also told me she was going into renal failure and that she may only have a few months to live. Luckily she came through it. Besides being stuck with constant pancreatitias. I have spent many thousands of dollars in vet bills and will probably have many more to come. At the moment i'm going to have an interview over the phone with a nutrisionist in Sydney to try and work out a diet plan and to get her started on some Herbs. I feel so sorry for her she has now been suffering with her health issues for almost half her life. She is only young and will be 3 next month.

I was the same with you i was so careful with what went into her mouth. I love my little dog so much. She is my world! I also only bought her these treats because they said 100% chicken breast. No this and no that etc. They were expensive for such a small amount in th packet so we thought they have to be good. We were sometimes feeding her over a packet a week. When she went off her food she would still eat them. But when she turned her nose up and them that was when we realised there was something seriously wrong! If only i had seen the small writing on the back of the packet saying imported from china. Even throughout her sickness i continued feeding her the treats and she kept getting worse. I wasn't made aware of it until December when i took her to the vet and there was a sign up saying to 'beware of dehydrated chicken jerky treats from china. It still didn't click until a few days later when i was doing our groceries and i thought i would look at the back of the packets. I almost died i felt sick to the stomach. 10 months after she had orginally started to get sick.

There is also a man from my work who was feeding his dog the treats and it developed Liver problems.!!!!

What do we do? this cannot just be brushed under the carpet. Is it worth me emailing this letter off i typed up? can they sue me or take me to court for anything?

I'm so sorry to hear you also suffered from this. Thankgod your girl has recovered and i'm so sorry that you sister inlaws mums dog was not so lucky.