Wrestling

I suppose I should clarify that it's not chasey hand as such. It's "look, here's my hand tapping your nose - can you catch it without hurting me? Yes you can! Aren't you clever!" You know what?? I'm gonna start an argumentative thread about teeth in play!

I suppose I should clarify that it's not chasey hand as such. It's "look, here's my hand tapping your nose - can you catch it without hurting me? Yes you can! Aren't you clever!" You know what?? I'm gonna start an argumentative thread about teeth in play!

Overreacting? :laugh: ...

I saw quite a few alternative game ideas and good advice given to you in this thread, which was what you were after right? :D

try focus on the positives hey :mad

Edited by Okami

Here's an argument no one is going to win.
Holy crap! I didn't realise this was going to turn into an argument.

:laugh: .... I think you just contradicted yourself from one post to then another.

Edited by Erny

I saw quite a few alternative game ideas and good advice given to you in this thread, which was what you were after right? :laugh:

I think she wants one which is really similar to wrestling, only without the teeth. All the other games we suggested were a bit different to that. Not sure how you'd teach wresting without teeth, with it still being fun for the dog. :D

I saw quite a few alternative game ideas and good advice given to you in this thread, which was what you were after right? :thumbsup:

I think she wants one which is really similar to wrestling, only without the teeth. All the other games we suggested were a bit different to that. Not sure how you'd teach wresting without teeth, with it still being fun for the dog. :)

Thank you. :hitself:

Kivi says he likes the push-tug game better than wrestling, now, because my wrestling rules make wrestling no fun. It's working well. He gets to push at me and bite something without risking hurting me and he doesn't need to be particularly careful.

I guess I didn't make myself clear because I wasn't entirely clear myself on what I wanted. I didn't want him to lose wrestling, which is his favourite game, but obviously I didn't want him chomping on me, either. I was looking for a way to keep the basic essence of wrestling while finding something more acceptable for him to do with his teeth. Once I stopped trying to find a suitable wrestling outlet it became apparent that he was quite happy to lose wrestling in favour of something that didn't involve chomping on me. I guess the basic essence of wrestling kind of requires a fair bit of wild abandon that a largish dog will probably never have with a person. I don't want him to bite me and I am happy to forgo wrestling, I was just looking for alternatives and wasn't very clear on that.

Erny, the reason why I didn't expect this to turn into an argument was because I thought I was walking away from the "on your terms" argument, which was off topic.