How Much Raw

shells

We are able to access some chicken pet mine which is made from the frames and organ meat. I have 2 6 month old miniature poodles who both weigh close to 6kgs and was wondering how much of this I should feed them daily?

Also can I still give a daily chicken wing/frame?

I do give lambs bones as well (I find Beef gives my female an upset stomach).

Thanks

Michelle

We are able to access some chicken pet mine which is made from the frames and organ meat. I have 2 6 month old miniature poodles who both weigh close to 6kgs and was wondering how much of this I should feed them daily?

Also can I still give a daily chicken wing/frame?

I do give lambs bones as well (I find Beef gives my female an upset stomach).

Thanks

Michelle

Is that all you're feeding? If it were me, I'd personally like to see much more red muscle meat or heart in that diet, as well as some green tripe or vegetable matter, maybe even throw in some fish and eggs. RMB are good, but you really do need muscle meat as well, preferably red meat, especially for puppies.

As for how much to feed raw, a good estimate is 2 - 3% of the dog's expected mature weight.

Is that all you're feeding

No :mad We have been giving Advance puppy kibble with a chicken wing each day and have just introduced the mince. I was just interested bascially in knowing what it would take to put them on a full RAW diet as they really arent to fond of the kibble (I have tried an other brand)

If feeding completely raw then for 6 mont olds you may need to feed 5% of their body weight daily. Young puppies get fed 10% of their body weight daily whilst adults get approx 2% of their body weight daily. With my adult pugs I have found the approx 1.5% of their body weight daily is a happy medium.

Many people feed twice a day with bones in the morning then muscle meat, offal, veggie slops etc in the evening.

I have found that because my adult pugs only require a small amount of food I only feed once a day. Their diet is on a daily rotational basis feed in the evening. Basically:

Monday - chicken necks & veggie slops,

Tuesday - fish & veggie slops

Wednesday - chicken necks & veggie slops

Thursday - muscle meat (kangaroo/beef/offal/rabbit etc) & veggie slops

Friday - chicken necks & veggie slops

Saturday - lamb or kangaroo bone

Sunday - muscle meat (kangaroo/beef/offal/rabbit etc) & veggie slops

Puppies I have had have been fed minced chicken carcusses & veggie slops twice a day with a bone for lunch.

Link to my veggie & fruit slops ingredients

I suggest you do alot of reading on raw feeding so that you can get your head around it properly. Once you understand it you will find it's not that hard.

Edited by puggy_puggy

Thanks for all your advice.

Puggy Puggy - Your post was really helpful. I will get reading. A friend of mine has offered me her books to read so I will have to get started on them.

I really think they would prefer a raw diet.

Thanks again