Lumps/scabs/pimples On 19 Week Old Golden Retriever Pup

Sahla

Hello everybody,

My 19 week old GR pup has had sores on her chest with scabs for the few days - week. I've been speaking to a vet nurse who recommended putting warm salty water on it to help clear it up. I've been doing this every day and I'd say most of the scabs have gone, but now I can see pimple like bumps on her chest with little bits of puss. They don't seem to be worrying her, but they don't look too nice and she also has been a little bit smelly lately (part of being a growing pup??). We also have a 19 week old chocolate lab pup and they are constantly play fighting. At first I thought that it could have been due to him that she had these scabs/sores, but now I think they look more like mites or some kind of bites or irritation. The lab does not have any scabs/sores at all. I used Advocate on her about two weeks ago and she hasn't been bathed for a few weeks now (maybe three??).

I've booked in for her to see the vet on Saturday morning, but just thought I'd see if anyone else might be able to offer some suggestions. Sorry the photos are not very good!!

PanchoandSahla396.jpg

PanchoandSahla397.jpg

This one mostly just shows the scabs in her fur (some bumps in the bottom left hand corner)

PanchoandSahla398.jpg

PanchoandSahla399.jpg

Edited by Sahla

Could it be a secondary infection to an allergy of some kind ie to food/grass/plants? Just a thought. My Labrador is seeing a canine dermatologist for an allergy and he explained she had infections and fungus etc under the skin as secondary symptoms ie caused by/a consequence of the allergy.

Edited by WhiteEagle