Potty Problems

Narcissa

So, I've gotten the most perfect Chihuahua puppy -he travels well, sleeps through the night, loves all his toys, great with other dogs and kids, reliable off-lead, quiet, follows me everywhere. He's just gorgeous with a great temperament and a wonderful affectionate nature. :thumbsup:

:o Just one little thing...

When he first arrived at 10 weeks, he was good with toilet-training. He actually learned to use the kitty litter box on the first night (*proud mommy beams all around*), and I've been vigilant with his training (just like all the other posts I see on this forum) - I take him out to the yard after eating, sleeping, playing, and I wake up twice during the night to bring him 'potty'. He's recently been pooping and peeing on his bed, our bed, his chew bone, his crate, his blanket, the couch. I had always thought that dogs generally do not defecate in areas they sleep at?

Is he being confused at the indoor potty area and outside yard (I place the litter box at the door to the yard), or is he being dependent on us taking him each time and no longer wants to go on his own? When I take him out, he does a pee and I do the whole cheerleader routine, and once we step inside, he does a TINY trickle on the rugs. I have no idea what changed his behaviour, and why he now does a pee in 2 installments?

Any ideas? :laugh: I've had him for 2.5 weeks.