Lame 5 Month Old Pup

Nik

Hi

Our Aussie shep pup strained her shoulder (we think) at the park on Friday doing zoomies. We've rested her this week and yesterday took her out for her first walk since (poor thing was going a little stir crazy)

Walk was going well with no limping until she decided to chase my son on his scooter (I had her on lead to prevent this), and those few short strides before the leash prevented her from going any further has seemed to aggravate the injury again.

My question is, should we continue with resting her or does anyone think it is worthy of a vet visit. She's fine walking and even trotting around in the house, and doesn't complain if we try and gently manipulate the leg.

Thanks

Nik

Lame pups in our kennel = trip to the chiro the next day

hmm, hadn't thought of that... I wonder if there's one near here. I'm in the inner western suburbs of Melbourne.

I've made an appointment this evening for the vet, so will ask her when we get there.

Definately a trip to the vet or chiro my BC pup went lame at 5mnths thought he had pulled a muscle running in the yard it ended up being OCD lesions in both shoulders! Definately keep your pup quiet until you get a vet or chiro opinion!

Definately a trip to the vet or chiro my BC pup went lame at 5mnths thought he had pulled a muscle running in the yard it ended up being OCD lesions in both shoulders! Definately keep your pup quiet until you get a vet or chiro opinion!

Went to the Chiro today - he was fabulous. Checked her over thoroughly and agreed with my vet's diagnosis of a pulled tricep muscle. She's on light exercise for a few weeks until it heals.

Great Chiro, his dad's a vet, so he often asks him for advice if an animal is presenting any problems.