Vet Recommendation In Altona North Area?

Pomi

Hi everyone,

A good VET is very important and we don't want to do trail and errors until we find a VET that truly cares for animals and give them a proper check over etc...

The VET we went to for our pup's first check up put the thermometer in him and then put it back in the container without cleaning it. I was so worried that it was contaminated and might effect our baby or am I just being paranoid?

Does anyone know of or can recommend a good VET for our baby around Altona North area?

I don't know about Altona North, but there is the Williamstown Veterinary Hospital, I see Dr Russell Croser there when we have a problem...he is very thorough and great with the animals.

Hope this helps

Thank you!!! We have noted him down for our baby's next future consultations.

We used to use the vet in Yarraville on Williamstown Road (Dr Burns) for about 10 years with our two Labs and found the staff to be great. Since the dogs passed on and we moved we have been using the Vet located in the Best Friends pet store with our latest family member. We have found the two female vets and staff there to be really good. They also provide you with printed reports and we even got a follow up call the morning Leroys desexing operation. So far we have been really pleased with them. Good luck in your search and hope this helps.

Hi everyone,

A good VET is very important and we don't want to do trail and errors until we find a VET that truly cares for animals and give them a proper check over etc...

The VET we went to for our pup's first check up put the thermometer in him and then put it back in the container without cleaning it. I was so worried that it was contaminated and might effect our baby or am I just being paranoid?

Does anyone know of or can recommend a good VET for our baby around Altona North area?

Dr Robert Cameron Bob. He and his staff are very good and experienced and have show dogs themselves. Cant remember the nae of the surgery but he is in the phone book

• 2 weeks later...

I grew up in Altona, but now live in Werribee. I can recommend a great vet there, as long as you don't think the drive is too far.

It's the Hoppers Crossing Veterinary Clinic and Hospital at 5 Barber Drive Hoppers Crossing. Their number is 9748 6644 and website is www.hopperscrossingvet.com.au

They are only about 2 mins drive from the Plaza.

They were recommended to me by a neighbour who has been using them for over 15 years and I have been using them for 3 years now. Though it has quite a large staff, it is still small enough that you always feel welcomed and the receptionists eventually get to know you really well.

They are open into the evenings (esp. important if you work) and it is always possible to get in if there is an emergency.

Failing that, I think the best bet is to ask local dog owners. The Agility Dog Club of Victoria meets at Crofts Reserve on Blackshaws Road (Grieve Pde end) every Friday night from about 7pm. Maybe pop down and ask a few people for some recommendations.

I used hoppers crossing vet a couple of times when I lived there and actually would never recommend them. I had my dogs leg gashed open, I rushed her there before 5 and had cash in hand to pay for full stitch up on the spot... the vet refused as it was too late in the day, charged me $70 to bandage the dog and NO analgesia then packed me off to Lort Smith where by then she had started foaming and going into shock from pain. His alternative was to leave her bandaged in a cage unattended in the clinic and he would get to it the next day sometime.

Oh the cherry on top was to write a letter to Lort Smith saying my dog was some nutty 'guard dog' that 'owner says will bite staff' ... all because I muzzled her while he poked and prodded the big flap of skin hanging off her.

I used Yarraville Village Animals Hospital (Dr Rhonda Dunmill) when I really needed something. I found her worth the drive, then again I never needed anything really desperate done.