Controlling Mosquitos On Dogs

centitout

Does anyone on here know any way to stop mosquitos biting the dogs? For a few weeks all the dogs,including the kids chi,have been scratching like mad-they all camp under a big conifer,so i thought it may be a contact irritant,then the owner sprayed a mix of dead chooks,straw and poo all over the back side paddock,so i thought maybe mites?

Havent seen any though,and when i was out hanging up the washing last night(next to the big shady conifer) i was standing in clouds of mosquitos which stung like buggery when they bit-the itch lasted for hours.

Any way to keep them off the dogs?

I use Aerogard. Spray it on the bodies and use my hands to apply it around the faces, just like you do with a child.

I have also just invested in a couple of bug zappers and a couple of solar powered light/bug zappers for night time use.

I use a either fido's flea and tick rinse (which also keeps other biting critters away) or another rinse that is sold by the Barf Shop which is good. If you don't bath your dogs regularaly, as I have to with my breed, you can put some in a spray bottle. Maybe you can find where they are breeding as well and get rid of the source.