Another Lame Question From Newbie Central..

Chiwogabull*

I have the greatest pleasure to have brought Lilly home today she is just over 5 mths if my maths is correct DOB August 09

My question is I already have a dog in the minor puppy dog class and would like to show her too!

Am I crazy to show together or should I only show one at each show?

I still get lost when it comes to challenges ect lol.

I have the greatest pleasure to have brought Lilly home today she is just over 5 mths if my maths is correct DOB August 09

My question is I already have a dog in the minor puppy dog class and would like to show her too!

Put one in minor & one in puppy. When they get over 9 months, put one in puppy & one in junior

At this point your Lilly would only be in Baby Puppy and so can't win points but when she turns 6 months then she can win points.

What we usually do is keep one in age class (in your case Minor) and put the other into another age class (we use either Aus bred or Open.) Then swap them around occassionaly. That way you get two shots at a class in group whereas if you put them both in the same class one knocks the other out and then you only get one chance at a class in group.

It wont affect your challenge points as its the best dog and best bitch in breed that get these regardless of age class (except baby puppy which can not compete for challenge and best of breed)

Class in group doesn't get points (only best in breed and best in group) but it does give your dog and you more experience and possibilty to win a prize or ribbon to show for your efforts.

Edited by yarracully