Feeding Raw Fish

HI

I feed for my lot 1 x raw fish meal a week , this is often canned tuna , pilchards , sardines fresh whiting the odd frozen cod when it is hot I replace the mince or RMB portion of their meal for that day with the equal amount of fish EG 47 kg rottie female will get 2 x 400gm tin of tuna and one small tin of sardines in oil,

for the staffy cattle cross will get 1 x tin tuna same size as the rottie and 1 x small tin sardines.

we mix this with egg and veggies slop .

As feeding large amounts of raw fish or egg white to dogs can create deficincy in their b vitimin levels as will liver you should not feed these things everyday once a week is enough for them to gain from it without it doing harm to them and they do love their fishies mind you I am not so keen on the fish kisses after dinner

HI

I feed for my lot 1 x raw fish meal a week , this is often canned tuna , pilchards , sardines fresh whiting the odd frozen cod when it is hot I replace the mince or RMB portion of their meal for that day with the equal amount of fish EG 47 kg rottie female will get 2 x 400gm tin of tuna and one small tin of sardines in oil,

for the staffy cattle cross will get 1 x tin tuna same size as the rottie and 1 x small tin sardines.

As feeding large amounts of raw fish or egg white to dogs can create deficincy in their b vitimin levels as will liver you should not feed these things everyday once a week is enough for them to gain from it without it doing harm to them and they do love their fishies mind you I am not so keen on the fish kisses after dinner

Thankyou Scmoos boss, my dog is a Maltese x Shitsu weighing 8.6 Kg. I am regularly supplied with Garfish or Tommies for looking after a friends dog each day while he works so am lucky and will use some of that with Sardines and Tuna.

I am worried about the Egg white deficiency as I give my dog a raw egg every day with fish oil and garlic oil I better stop this!

Will give it him on his fish days.

HI

Thankyou Scmoos boss, my dog is a Maltese x Shitsu weighing 8.6 Kg. I am regularly supplied with Garfish or Tommies for looking after a friends dog each day while he works so am lucky and will use some of that with Sardines and Tuna.

I am worried about the Egg white deficiency as I give my dog a raw egg every day with fish oil and garlic oil I better stop this!

Will give it him on his fish days.

Hi noticed that you are a little new here as well so welcome in to let you know there are quite a few threads on feeding raw to your dogs with recipies and nutritional data for diets as well I have found it to be a fantastic source of information with lots of interesting ideas

<I am worried about the Egg white deficiency as I give my dog a raw egg every day with fish oil and garlic oil I better stop this!

Will give it him on his fish days. >

As long as you are feeding the whole egg that is fine. It's when you feed the white on it's own you can end up with a biotin deficiancy.

<I am worried about the Egg white deficiency as I give my dog a raw egg every day with fish oil and garlic oil I better stop this!

Will give it him on his fish days. >

As long as you are feeding the whole egg that is fine. It's when you feed the white on it's own you can end up with a biotin deficiancy.

OH thankyou Gretel I thought I was causing him more health problems :thumbsup:

Off to read some more feeding threads