Camera Advice

Sue & Waldo

I have a Panasonic DMC. Bought it in August 2006 so it's a bit old now. It's still my take anywhere camera, I think it's great. Back in 2006 it was around $400 so was never a cheap pocket digital.

It has a Leica lens, which makes it a great little pocket digital I think. Here are a few pics taken with it back in 2006. It's a great little pocket camera and I had no clue about taking photos back then, which is why I just did the point and click thing with it.

To give you an idea of straight out of camera jpgs from it, this image below is straight out of camera with no photoshop used on it, I used the Landscape setting which increases the blue and green saturation. It also has image stabilisation and a movie mode, and comes with a tiny tripod which would fit in its case.

4429882181_6da10e5729_o.jpg

4429882177_ae76c6ecf2_o.jpg

This image was slightly sharpened in PS due to movement blue of wild squirrel

4428944336_9d461e393c_o.jpg

What awesome photos. Thanks for posting them. I think I am going to go for this range-now to decide on model. Oh for an unlimited budget!

There have been several model upgrades from my 2006 model but yep, it's a great little camera. I think the Leica lens has a lot to do with it. I was blessed with lovely weather for those pics too :)

eta: I now have a Fuji pocket digital, that I bought because I wanted its underwater case to take snorkelling, but I still think my 2006 Lumix takes much better pics. I've dropped it, I've accidently smeared lip gloss on the lens (gave everyone a lovely 70s misty look before I realised) and it's still going great guns.

Edited by Ripley