Driving Melbourne To Sydney

I'm off to the Dalmatian Nationals in April :(:):rofl:

I thought a few showies would have done the trip from Melbourne-Sydney and could give me a recommendation for a dog friendly camping ground approximately half way so I can take a break overnight. I'll be driving on my own and will be pretty tired from Uni/work so don't want to do the trip in one hit. I only need a powered site as I'll have the tent etc. Obviously clean and safe would rate highly too :mad

Thanks!

Hi Spotted Devil

I travelled to Sydney a couple of weekends ago with the dogs. We stayed at Gundagai Tourist Park (a place a have previously stayed) and find it a fabulous place to stay with the dogs. There is camping sites (powered or non-powered) and cabins. We stayed in a cabin with a verandah (where the dogs slept at night). There is lovely green grass to walk the dogs and the owners are friendly. Details are:

Gundagai Tourist Park

Address: Nangus Road Gundagai NSW 2722

Free call: 1300 722 906

Email: [email protected]

~ All the best at the Nationals ~

There is a caravan park at Albury that allows dogs and one at Gundagai. I have stayed at both with multiple dogs with no probs. The one at Albury is near the railway line and possibly the showground? I can't remember, sorry. Not sure how many parks are in Gundagai, might be just the one so that shouldn't be hard to locate. :(

My parents live in Gundagai, actually a heap of my relies do too. I grew up there. There is a "beach" on the Murrumbidgee on the Sth Gundagai side near where my parents live, a lot of people take their horses and dogs down there.... having said that, I haven't actually been to it. If you get stuck for a place to stay I am sure one of my rels could give you a bed, or you could camp in their yard. My parents have a 1/2 acre block, but it's close to a pub so on a Fri/Sat night it's noisy. My grandmother and aunt both have huge blocks with few houses near them (they live next door to each other), you could even exercise spotty in the reserve behind their houses, just watch out for rabbits. We used to ride the dirt bikes all the time in it, and my cousin used to ride her horse.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks GW - that's a really lovely offer :mad I will definitely track down the "beach" for The Spotted One!

I spoke to Ron, the owner of the Gundagai Tourist Park - sounds like such a nice guy - said he had plenty of powered sites available and Zig and I would be welcome to turn up whenever we liked.

I'm getting excited now!!! :D

Thanks again, everyone :o

If you get to Albury and want to stop there are two caravan parks. One is near the back of the showgrounds next to our dog club Albury Central Caravan Park Eames Street 02 60218420. the other is called Trek 21 or Trek 31 and is on the old Hume Highway or Wagga Road they call it. Both are happy to take dogs.

What day are you passing through Albury? If you need anything and we are around we are only too happy to help.

If you get to Albury and want to stop there are two caravan parks. One is near the back of the showgrounds next to our dog club Albury Central Caravan Park Eames Street 02 60218420. the other is called Trek 21 or Trek 31 and is on the old Hume Highway or Wagga Road they call it. Both are happy to take dogs.

What day are you passing through Albury? If you need anything and we are around we are only too happy to help.

Thank you mercedes - always good to know if I'm feeling really tired and want to stop early. I should pass through Albury on Tuesday 13th April - thank you so much for your kind offer. I should be fine but it's just lovely to know DOLers are so willing to help out :)