Recommendations

hi guys (i have already posted this in the general dog discussion :o )

new poster here, was wondering if i could get some tips.... i have a beautiful mini schnauzer, who i love to bits. he has a wonderful nature and is a credit to his breeder. However when we go on walks he gets extremely excitable and barks, he also pulls. i have tried many suggestions by trainers, vets etc such as haltis, harnesses, food rewards but so far nothing has worked for long. he is a highly trainable dog as even through his excitment and excessive barking he still sits and waits to get his lead clipped on and sits and waits at roads.

i have discouraged the "excitment" of a walk by not talking to him, just getting him to sit(to get his lead on) but that hasnt helped either. i feel terrible because i cannot walk him in the mornings (as i would like to as the neighbours would kill me) and sometimes i am too exhausted at night to take him out (and get my arm ripped off), so he has to miss out so any ideas i am willing to give it a go!

also looking into getting him some training (would have to be one on one as i dont think he could concentrate with other dogs arnd). so was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of good trainers in newcastle area? (and possibly an approx price i would be looking at)

thankyou :coffee: