Can You Sew? If So I Need Your Talents And Help Please!

I'm looking at weatherbeeta landa lite for walks in the rain - there were no local stockists for me until yesterday so once I've ordered them I'll let you know what I think.

http://www.weatherbeeta.com.au/new-weather...e-dog-coat.html

http://www.caribuhorsewear.com.au/images/D...-Dog-Coat-7.jpg

This is kind of what I had in mind?!?!

Then you may as well just look at getting a Weatherbeeter coat :laugh: (cheap :o )

I agree it would be easier, but I want it think so he could wear it in summer too and plus he has heat issues as it is.

That is cool Stormie - they really look great - but I am thinking that will be too warm. But perhaps this one might be the best option :)http://www.chillydogs.ca/productRainSlickerAllBreed.html

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job Gilypoo! :o:laugh: And isn't Bella a sweetie :eek:

Bear with me, I may still get you to create a coat for Benson but I had another idea yesterday when I went into the commercial market place an saw doggie pjs and I spoke to Amstaffs4me and she said she could make jammies out of a thinner material rather than polar fleece. I reckon I might have a better chance of keep them on him than a coat - I will give it a crack but if not I will come searching for you Gilypoo! :o

16Paws thanks for posting that, would love to hear your report on it! :)

Edit spelling :eek:

Edited by First Time Puppy Owner

Nice job Gilypoo! :laugh::laugh: And isn't Bella a sweetie :laugh:

Bear with me, I may still get you to create a coat for Benson but I had another idea yesterday when I went into the commercial market place an saw doggie pjs and I spoke to Amstaffs4me and she said she could make jammies out of a thinner material rather than polar fleece. I reckon I might have a better chance of keep them on him than a coat - I will give it a crack but if not I will come searching for you Gilypoo! ;)

16Paws thanks for posting that, would love to hear your report on it! :laugh:

Edit spelling :eek:

Yeah no probs at all. Dont think that you have to go with me, I wont be offeneded at all :laugh: My mum makes pants for Poodles to keep their bot bots warm, it is so cute to see...I can only imaging what jim jams look like. You must show pics of what ever you get :rofl:

hehehe I asked the same thing here is what Amstaffs4me wrote - Pj's are fairly easy to put on I pull them over the dogs head, place on front leg in at a time,

pull Pj's down ( to cover dogs back) and place one back leg in at a time. Done! :laugh:

Sounds good in theory but I dont think that they are dane friendly... hehe, Bells legs are over 60 cm in length and there is no way that they will bend like that. :laugh: She has a hard enough time walking without falling over cause she is so awkward :laugh:

Cant wait to see photos of your man in them... He will look so spunky :laugh:

Sounds good in theory but I dont think that they are dane friendly... hehe, Bells legs are over 60 cm in length and there is no way that they will bend like that. :laugh: She has a hard enough time walking without falling over cause she is so awkward :laugh:

Cant wait to see photos of your man in them... He will look so spunky ;)

:laugh: Poor Bella with her long legs :eek: I wonder if you could cut the jammies in half but put buttons or a zipper on the each half so you could join them??? :laugh:

Sounds good in theory but I dont think that they are dane friendly... hehe, Bells legs are over 60 cm in length and there is no way that they will bend like that. :laugh: She has a hard enough time walking without falling over cause she is so awkward :eek:

Cant wait to see photos of your man in them... He will look so spunky :laugh:

:laugh: Poor Bella with her long legs ;) I wonder if you could cut the jammies in half but put buttons or a zipper on the each half so you could join them??? :laugh:

Nice work!!!! I have some left ove material so I might give it a go.. :laugh:

Hi All You Talented Sewing Type Peoples :rofl:

I am hoping someone here could possible make a dog coat/jacket for a specific purpose. I will of course pay for this creation.

So the purpose and background story is that my boy Benson has allergies and I need to put an oil through his coat and onto his skin but it does not immediately soak in, thus I need a coat made from a plastic type material that will protect my furniture from the oil while it's on him, essentially a raincoat with the reverse purpose.

Someone suggested a plastic bag to me and I could do this but I was thinking if I had a proper jacket it wouldn't move around as much hence not further irritate his skin.

The oil is going to rubbed into his back and rump - not the stomach, should you need to know this?!?! :laugh:

Thank you in advance from a person incapable of sewing to save her life :(

FTPO

Just a word of advice re the oil and a coat, I use oil on my dogs and just have heavy cotton coats as anything that traps moisture in the dog coat will cause other skin problems on the dog, the coat must be able to breathe, all the best!

:rofl: