Chew Proof Beds

darlingdog

Anyone used the aluminium framed chew proof beds advertised on here that come from the USA ? ( not sure if I can name them ?) They are expensive and I don't mind paying it if they deliver what they say they do in regards to being tough for chewers to access.

Are you referring to Kuranda trampoline beds? We recently bought one for our dogs. The initial outlay is pretty hefty and I was anxious that it would be another large amount of $$ down the drain but for us it's been the best bed we've come across. The only downside is the bed 'mat' is solid so dirt (and water), etc, accumulates on top.

The only damage our dogs have done is to chew the little plastic caps from the bottom of the bed legs (guess you'd only need these indoors anyway).

Are you referring to Kuranda trampoline beds? We recently bought one for our dogs. The initial outlay is pretty hefty and I was anxious that it would be another large amount of $$ down the drain but for us it's been the best bed we've come across. The only downside is the bed 'mat' is solid so dirt (and water), etc, accumulates on top.

The only damage our dogs have done is to chew the little plastic caps from the bottom of the bed legs (guess you'd only need these indoors anyway).

Yes 16paws, they are the ones I was refering to. Thanks for the feedback. May I ask please how bad your dogs were as far as chewing goes ? I have to buy 3 beds YIKES !! and xlarge too so costly !! Seems to be the covers that mine like so much and they look to be good in that department from what I can see.

I like to think they are not big chewers but I guess the amount of beds we've been through would say otherwise. I'm not sure what it is about the beds that make them so attractive to chew.

We had a rruf mat prior to the kuranda bed which they pulled the cover off, chewed the actual mat and ripped the stuffing out of. We still use the covers for them to sleep on as well as polar fleece blankets which they don't chew.

We tried VetBed which they love to chew.

Standard trampoline beds they would chew at the corners so the covers would end up hanging off the bed.

We had a big soft mattress type bed (don't know the brand) which they chewed the zip off and pulled out the stuffing.

We had a snooza futon which they didn't chew but was very difficult to keep clean and wash (due to the size) and eventually became a bit yuck.

Wow after listing the beds it does make our dogs sound like chewing monsters but they really aren't - it was more that the beds could not withstand even a few minutes of boredom :thumbsup:

We have the xlarge bed but luckily both of our dogs will snuggle on their together (and our foster pup squeezes in as well :laugh: )

Oh, dogs are a lab and golden. Foster is cattle x.

I like to think they are not big chewers but I guess the amount of beds we've been through would say otherwise. I'm not sure what it is about the beds that make them so attractive to chew.

We had a rruf mat prior to the kuranda bed which they pulled the cover off, chewed the actual mat and ripped the stuffing out of. We still use the covers for them to sleep on as well as polar fleece blankets which they don't chew.

We tried VetBed which they love to chew.

Standard trampoline beds they would chew at the corners so the covers would end up hanging off the bed.

We had a big soft mattress type bed (don't know the brand) which they chewed the zip off and pulled out the stuffing.

We had a snooza futon which they didn't chew but was very difficult to keep clean and wash (due to the size) and eventually became a bit yuck.

Wow after listing the beds it does make our dogs sound like chewing monsters but they really aren't - it was more that the beds could not withstand even a few minutes of boredom :thumbsup:

We have the xlarge bed but luckily both of our dogs will snuggle on their together (and our foster pup squeezes in as well :laugh: )

Oh, dogs are a lab and golden. Foster is cattle x.

Thanks for the feedback, I will start saving, sounds like they may be just the thing. I have american friends and they can buy them over there for $85, wish they were that price here LOL !!