Incontinence In Older Male Dog

My 13-1/2 y.o. entire male has become incontinent. He is on medication but so far it isn't working.

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix the problem?

My 13-1/2 y.o. entire male has become incontinent. He is on medication but so far it isn't working.

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix the problem?

What's his water consumption like? Drinking excessive amounts of water could lead to not being able to "hold it all in". If this is the case, to fix the problem you have to find out why he is so thirsty.

The only issue he has is that the neck of his bladder has stretched. The medication he is currently on is to try to help the neck of the bladder return to normal size although it is not always successful in males. With females they use a hormone treatment but isn't suitable for males.

The only issue he has is that the neck of his bladder has stretched. The medication he is currently on is to try to help the neck of the bladder return to normal size although it is not always successful in males. With females they use a hormone treatment but isn't suitable for males.

I had this problem with my old boy, his problem was he was in pain with back/pelvis problems. As soon a he went onto pain relief the incontinence was resolved.

That's interesting mrms and something to keep in mind. I don't think that is the cause here though as he only recently finished a course of acupuncture which made a huge difference and I haven't seen a recurrence of his back problem. I will keep it in mind though.

That's interesting mrms and something to keep in mind. I don't think that is the cause here though as he only recently finished a course of acupuncture which made a huge difference and I haven't seen a recurrence of his back problem. I will keep it in mind though.

If he was my dog, I would try a combination of acupuncture/acupressure and Australian Bush Flower Essences (ABFE). I used the ABFE in one of my dogs as she got incontinent instead of the hormones and her incontinence stopped.