Shipping From Sweden

Wyn

I am thinking of bringing a puppy in from Sweden later in the year but I am having trouble finding a shipping agent in that country. I have found one called "Scandipet" does anyone know of any others, Thanks

We shipped two dogs from Sweden in November. We used Jetpets and they in turn used Scandipets. Scandipets were excellent. The airlines our kids were flying on cancelled all pet cargo for November at the last minute, so Scandipets drove our kids to Norway for us!! Okay, we had to pay but not too much.

The service from both Jetpets and Scandipets was excellent and I couldn't recommend either more.

Scandipet are excellent!! I didn't use Jetpets, i only went through Debbie and she conversed with my breeder on everything. Of course i did my own import permit which is easy anyway and sent all the info to the breeder from the AQIS site on what to do for the testing etc.

Contact [email protected]

good luck!

Scandipet are excellent!! I didn't use Jetpets, i only went through Debbie and she conversed with my breeder on everything. Of course i did my own import permit which is easy anyway and sent all the info to the breeder from the AQIS site on what to do for the testing etc.

good luck!

Thanks for the replies, I have already been in touch with Debbie and she has sent me their prices which seem resonable, but don't seem to include any of the vet work but I could be reading that all wrong. I will e-mail her back and find out.

good luck!

Thanks for the replies, I have already been in touch with Debbie and she has sent me their prices which seem resonable, but don't seem to include any of the vet work but I could be reading that all wrong. I will e-mail her back and find out.

I imported a Bloodhound pup from Sweden this year using jetpets & their agents Scandipets. The vet fees were not included...I paid my breeder to get all the necessary blood tests etc done. The breeder also had the Cert A completed for me, as this also was an additional cost if you want Scandipets to do it. Hope that helps!!

good luck!

I imported a Bloodhound pup from Sweden this year using jetpets & their agents Scandipets. The vet fees were not included...I paid my breeder to get all the necessary blood tests etc done. The breeder also had the Cert A completed for me, as this also was an additional cost if you want Scandipets to do it. Hope that helps!!

Yes I was hoping to get the breeder to do the vet work as it is very expensive to get Scandipets to do it, just out of interest, what was the all up cost, I have imported from the UK before and as a rule the total cost including the price of the pup was around $9000/ $10,000. But have no idea what to expect from Sweden.

good luck!

Yes I was hoping to get the breeder to do the vet work as it is very expensive to get Scandipets to do it, just out of interest, what was the all up cost, I have imported from the UK before and as a rule the total cost including the price of the pup was around $9000/ $10,000. But have no idea what to expect from Sweden.

To be perfectly honest I haven't done the final maths on my Swedish import....maybe a bit too scared too :thumbsup: I know it was below what you mentioned from the UK....maybe around $8500. I'm actually surprised that it would have cost you so much from the UK. I'm not sure what you are paying for the pup but when I received a quote from Ryslip for an UK import, they were very reasonable and much cheaper than Jetpets. All up, inclusive of Cert A & bloodwork it was just short of GBP3000, then $1300 quarantine & the cost of the pup & vet charges!! The biggest factor for cost from Sweden was the size & weight of the crate....as I was importing a rather large bloodhound pup, she needed an XL Vari kennel, so it increased the price of the flights. British Airways are very particular with the size of crate (the pup must be able to sit comfortably in the crate & not hit their head). As we could not get a direct flight from Sweden, my girl came via Heathrow, taken out of the crate, fed, watered and rested in their quarantine kennels overnight...then resealed at Heathrow and made the 22 hour flight via Singapore (for refueling). Hope this helps!!

My girl from the UK was roughly what you stated Wyn and my boy from Sweden was a little bit cheaper. At the time the dollar wasn't that good so i paid out the nose to get my girl out from the UK! I was happier with the costs of the dog from Sweden. Depends on what the dollar is like compared to the Euro at the moment, how much you're paying for the pup, crate size needed etc etc as to how much you will pay to get the pup over.

My breeder did all the vet work, was easier and cheaper. The pup could stay with the breeder then, instead of in a kennel.