Are Dogs More Intelligent Than People?

furballs

Guest Tess32
Dogs seem to understand a lot of what we say to them. How many of us understand what our dogs are trying to tell us?

That doesn't mean much. Dogs primarily communicate non verbally, and so their ability to pick up our body language is more refined than ours, as we don't shut up and listen.

It's in their interests to pay close attention, so it's not that surprising they quite easily and quickly pair our common words up with their associated actions.

We do the same - I know my dog means "I want water" when he stares at his bowl. I know he wants to go out when he looks at the door.

Dogs seem to understand a lot of what we say to them. How many of us understand what our dogs are trying to tell us?

I would say that I understand Charlie's facial expressions and his body language really well. He has different barks and whines that I can tell the difference on what he wants or needs.

Emmy is the same. She is starting to get more confidence in herself and starting to tell/show us more about what she wants.