Horrible Lead Puller!

I have a Male Desexed Maltese shih tzu X poodle and he is a terrible lead puller. He will walk beside me when he is on the lead in the backyard but as soon as he gets out in the open he just pulls and nearly chokes himself. We have tried head collars which he hated and just clawed at his face to get it off, and now we have a special harness that the vet recomended but nothing is stopping him. Please Help any suggestions please just tell me.

I have a Male Desexed Maltese shih tzu X poodle and he is a terrible lead puller. He will walk beside me when he is on the lead in the backyard but as soon as he gets out in the open he just pulls and nearly chokes himself. We have tried head collars which he hated and just clawed at his face to get it off, and now we have a special harness that the vet recomended but nothing is stopping him. Please Help any suggestions please just tell me.

Hi

Your best bet is to have a one on one training session with a good trainer, there are lots of DOLers here based in VIC who are very reputable trainers, if you tell us whereabouts you are I am sure we can refer you to one in your area :(

Given that you've tried a few pieces of equipment, the best thing to do would be to have a trainer help you to determine what would be best for you and your dog. Whereabouts are you located?