What Can You Expect To Pay For A Saint Bernard

$2000 seems like a lot... Maybe for a show quality

I guess it depends on the breed. I would have thought $800 would be average for a purebred, but I guess it is $2000 for a rarer breed.

I'd love to get a bernese mountian dog (just based on looks!), I've heard they are a couple of $1000 to buy.

Personally, I would find a good breeder I am happy with, and not be too concerned with price (within reason, probably couldn't afford more than 2000 tho)

I wouldn't of thought you'd get any breed papered for $800 well maybe a stb

There are a few breeds that are cheaper than $800, Tenterfields go for $550 - $600 and I've seen other breeds for about that too.

Its sad that breeders struggle to get a decent price yet a cocker pooper or doodle dooper fetches in excess of $1000, when I work out the formula that makes people want to part with their hard earned cash in a gamble on a puppy I shall share the formula but I think its

TMM and IB + STY

equates to TMM Too Much Money and IB Impulse Buy = STY Stupidity!

$2000 seems like a lot... Maybe for a show quality

I guess it depends on the breed. I would have thought $800 would be average for a purebred, but I guess it is $2000 for a rarer breed.

I'd love to get a bernese mountian dog (just based on looks!), I've heard they are a couple of $1000 to buy.

Personally, I would find a good breeder I am happy with, and not be too concerned with price (within reason, probably couldn't afford more than 2000 tho)

I wouldn't of thought you'd get any breed papered for $800 well maybe a stb

There are a few breeds that are cheaper than $800, Tenterfields go for $550 - $600 and I've seen other breeds for about that too.

Its sad that breeders struggle to get a decent price yet a cocker pooper or doodle dooper fetches in excess of $1000, when I work out the formula that makes people want to part with their hard earned cash in a gamble on a puppy I shall share the formula but I think its

TMM and IB + STY

equates to TMM Too Much Money and IB Impulse Buy = STY Stupidity!

Nice 1! :laugh:

I dont know why people are so 'funny' when people ask about a price. Be upfront so the prospective knows if they can buy one or not. Its a sale, so why stuff around? If people cant be upfront, then they could turn off the buyer and push them to a BYB where the price is always listed in the ad.

Witholding a price is controlling. You're not God.

I dont know why people are so 'funny' when people ask about a price. Be upfront so the prospective knows if they can buy one or not. Its a sale, so why stuff around? If people cant be upfront, then they could turn off the buyer and push them to a BYB where the price is always listed in the ad.

lol Oh believe me I am bigger than GOD when it comes to rehoming MY puppies1 lol :laugh:

lol Oh believe me I am bigger than GOD when it comes to rehoming MY puppies1 lol :rofl:

good, as I would be too. Shouldnt impact price declarations though :laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl::o:) ;) :):rofl:

Yeh, I always like to know prices up front. Then I budget in toys, vaxes, desexing etc and see if it suits me over the next 12 months. Dogs are priceless, however not everyone can pay $4000 for a pup so shouldn't be made to feel small when enquiring about prices for certain breeds.

I would have loved to have gotten a British Bulldog pup before I got my 2nd Stafford. However I just couldn't justify the price tag when my previous Bulldog cost me over 3 grand in 6 months on vet bills, I couldn't risk that. So instead I paid $800 for a top Stafford pup and I know I can comfortably meet any medical needs on the small chance that they might crop up.

For some reason the more expensive breeds tend to have more health problems.

Edited by Clyde