Pushy Behaviour

Xena is a VERY pushy dog. She jumps up on me, she noses me, she drags me along on walks and tries to make decisions about which way she wants to go (usually to where we train). She tells me off for late/poor handling at agility. She jumps off contacts because it is quicker - unless she is told consistently she can't. She tells me off for not rewarding on time. She is constantly telling me what she wants and when she wants it.

If I put my foot down then she knows that is it, but until that point she will try anything on.

BUT - for all that she is heaps of fun and a joy to train.

CK on the other hand is not overtly pushy - he is a sooky, manipulative brat. If he doesn't want to do something he 'shuts down' and sooks. IMO this is pushier than Xena, or at least harder to manage in terms of him doing what I want and not what he wants.

Either way both of them have really clear rules that need to be met - no questions. Interestingly I let Xena get away with WAY more than I do CK - because that way she gets nuttier and with the extra rules and right handling he gets driver as well.

Honey can be very pushy.

She is very prone to nudging for pats,will put a paw on you for pats and will occasionally jump on the couch- where she is NOT allowed.

I usually ignore or tell her to get down. She is not dominant about it and it doesnt bug me too much.

She is such a sweetheart and I feel that she mostly does it out of excitement and happiness. Which is nice to see. :laugh:

God I love dogs that do this, I just think it is so cute!

My puppy is very pushy. It is hard to deal with sometimes and I will just have to tie her up or crate her.