Best Dry Dog Food?

Hey folks,

We have just got a new Staffie puppy. He is 8 weeks old and is currently fed on Advance puppy food. I am thinking about changing his food as he doesn't always eat much of this.

Can anyone recommend the best dry food for a puppy? I was thinking about Eagle Pack... any thoughts?

I was also thinking about mixing in a little wet food just to make things a little more interesting, any thoughts?

Id stick with what the breeder has set out for the puppy..Advance is a great food.. try adding some oily sardines to his dry and fresh meat/chicken necks.. Could also add a lil natural yogurt...

Raw is always better.. my guys get 10% dry good 90% raw on there daily meals..

Edited by TeamSnag

The best dry food it the one your dog does best on. If not eating the current one try a small bag of something else and just be aware of any changes both for better or worse. There is one dry food we got (came in a cool barrel which we still use for storing her food) and after a while she got a lot of dandruff and her coat looked dry and flat. Switched back to previous food and her coat returned to normal - so after that avoided the one she did not do well on.

RAW food can be high in fat so while they are young no problems but some dogs cannot have the raw bones etc when they get older - not always best.

Thanks for the replies :eek:

I am not sure I want to spend a fortune on food. There are so may out there and so much talk about premium dog foods. Are they all really that much better or is it ok to go with just a 'supermarket' food like Optimum or maybe pedigree?