Rally O

cilabs

Can someone please explain Rally O to me. ;) :p

I know it involves obedience and agility? Is it on at the

Canine Centre and when?

Any info. much appreciated, want to get my girls into something. :rofl:

Where is angelsun when you need her? ;)

Rally obidience uses the 'moves' from traditional obidience but instead of the judge telling you what to do you must perform these manuvers from signs on the ground or 'stations'. For performing stations incorrectly, the dog misbehaving or the handler misbehaving you get deducted points, you start at 100 points.

There are no double signals and you can talk to the dog the whole way round if you like. :p

That wasn't very good here is more.

You need 75 points to pass also. The first Level Novice is performed on lead and uses 12 signs from the 34(?) different signs or stations available at Novice level. The next levels and Excellent and Advanced which are off leash. If you miss a station you DQ or if your dog toilets on the course you DQ.

I believe Southern River might be doing some classes or there is a show-n-go coming up at K9 where you can try your hand at Rally or watch people trying thier hand at Rally.

That wasn't very good here is more.

You need 75 points to pass also. The first Level Novice is performed on lead and uses 12 signs from the 34(?) different signs or stations available at Novice level. The next levels and Excellent and Advanced which are off leash. If you miss a station you DQ or if your dog toilets on the course you DQ.

I believe Southern River might be doing some classes or there is a show-n-go coming up at K9 where you can try your hand at Rally or watch people trying thier hand at Rally.

Thanks valleyCBR, I will check With K9 to see when it's happening ;)