I Am So Proud

lanabanana

My dogs sleep in a kind of "entry way" by the back door, and they are shut in there at night (If they arent sleeping with us).

Anyway the usual bedtime goes something like this:

I go out for a last ciggy and take the dogs out for toilet. Somehow they know it is bedtime (I have no idea how they know it's my last ciggy and not just a wee break) and as soon as we go back inside Barney will get on to their bed and stay there. Pippi on the other hand races through the next door and quicly rushes into the lounge and gets comfy, or, if the hall door is open she will rush into bed with Dad. I go get her and put her in bed with Barney.

What I ended up doing was when it was time to come inside, I would pick Pippi up so I didn't have to go to the other end of the house and get her and so she wouldnt jump on people sleeping and wake them trying to get away from bedtime.

Anyway, the other night I couldn't pick Pippi up as I had a full washing basket with me so we came inside and I was locking the door. I tuen round and she has gone into the back hall (on the other side of the door from where they sleep) and is waiting. She looked like she was gonna bolt for the lounge so I said to her "No, it's time for bed" and I stepped through the door way. She waited...so I said "into bed" and OMG she got on the bed!!! I was so shocked as she is a pretty ignorant little thing and unless she thinks there is something in it for her, she aint doing anything you say!

Tonight, I had just come in from my final ciggy and their wee and Barney jumped on the bed as usual...and guess what...so did Pippi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it's a bit silly but I am just so proud.

Admitedly, I am going to miss the little bolt into the lounge though as when I go to get her, she gets all cute and super cuddly and lovey and you can just tell shes asking to sleep with mum and dad.

Anyway, yay for my girl - just thought I would share as that is honestly about the most excited I have got for a few months (thrilling life I lead lol)