Dog Training In West Brisbane

Hi all

I have 2 naughty dogs in need of some obediance training. 1 dog is a barker, both of them don't listen, jump all over us and fight/wrestle all over the house and under our legs. I am worried someone will trip over them and injury themselves one day.

I was going to go with Wagtails as they both did their basic obedience there. But wondered if there was another option that someone could recommend.

Anyone used Barkbusters? Also what cost do you think I should be expecting?

Thanks!

Jane is brilliant. We have been working with her for a few months as we have a dog with on lead fear aggression. She has trained us as well as our dog!

She gives a lot of support through emails as well as one on one sessions. Her fees are very reasonable and she will come to you (there is travel cost but it's reasonable). We live in West Brisbane too and she was very happy to come to us although we have also met her at Redcliffe for a couple of sessions.

Funnily enough, we are now starting obedience classes with Wagtails but this would not have been possible without Jane's intervention first.

I third Jane Harper! She has been great with us and our lovely teenage dog. I truly recommend her as well. I also do obedience training with the dog once a week at Metro Club in Chermside. I don't know wagtails but I like Metro Club so far.

If you want to start training your dogs with a club you could consider the Agility Dog Club of Queensland. They offer a basic obedience course to begin with and then if you like it you can move agility classes.

The way they teach is more about the relationship you have with your dogs than it is about the technical side of obedience. If you think your pups are really out of control a qualified behaviourist might be a better bet, but if you feel you can get them to work with you then you might consider this.

Their website is http://www.adcq.com.au/

Cheers

Loeka what kind of dog do you have? We are often out at Metro too :)

I've got a pitch black kelpie cross with huge ears. He's often naughty and barks at other dogs, either for a play or for a "hey what ya looking at?" ; )

I just looked at your profile, and I think I recognise you! Well, I recognise your beagle : ) In fact, Jane might have mentioned you in her email (if your name starts with B), telling me I should ask you if I had any questions during training I should find you : P

Loeka what kind of dog do you have? We are often out at Metro too :)

I've got a pitch black kelpie cross with huge ears. He's often naughty and barks at other dogs, either for a play or for a "hey what ya looking at?" ; )

I just looked at your profile, and I think I recognise you! Well, I recognise your beagle : ) In fact, Jane might have mentioned you in her email (if your name starts with B), telling me I should ask you if I had any questions during training I should find you : P

LOL yes I'm Bec with Daisy if that's who Jane was referring to!! Please come and find me on Monday, I would love to meet you and your doggy :eek: I have the tan and white beagle and am usually being a Nigel training on my own or with BC4ME in the middle of the paddock opposite the club house :D

LOL yes I'm Bec with Daisy if that's who Jane was referring to!! Please come and find me on Monday, I would love to meet you and your doggy :thumbsup: I have the tan and white beagle and am usually being a Nigel training on my own or with BC4ME in the middle of the paddock opposite the club house :)

I'm planning on going on monday so if I see you, I'll definitely say hi!