Gsd With Low Prey Drive

What I find frustrating is people ask questions (fair enough if its a genuine interest), so GSD Enthusiasts, breeders, showies etc come and explain the reasoning, the breed standard etc and people still argue, carry on and dont accept whats being told to them......complete waste of time in my opinion :mad

What I find most frustrating with the GSD's are people claiming breed standard compliance of dogs that are not work tested (Schutzund titled) :eek:

Couldn't agree more SpecTraining (and please don't dig up old arguments over it) but there is not a lot we can do about it . A helluva lot has been done in the past to try and have the situation changed but to no avail....and now that the DPI are involved here in Vic......I very much doubt it will EVER change........well not for Schutzhund anyway...but there is a very small light of hope in another sport being looked at. (?)

Yes, I know the situation well, but I am more speaking about the one's who "claim" the GSD's being of correct type when in fact they are not which a working test easily identifies. If the dogs are not work tested and confirmed being of correct type fair enough, but it needs to be disclosed and not assumed which is misleading information about the dog or bloodlines which I find frustrating.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When judges, surveyors or other breed enthusiasts refer to 'correct type' , they are referring to conformation/structure .

Yes, that is probably true Tapferhund, but it does create a misleading situation to assume "correct type" would normally refer to the animal as a whole.