Clear Vomit, Worry?

Novjan

Should we be worried that one of our 9m old Springers has just coughed and then thrown up small amounts of clear, phlemy vomit??

This is after having some rough and tumble with the other one for about 20 min

last food was 7:30am

we are just about to feed them again

not overly worried as she is otherwise 'normal'

thanks

Karen

Keep an eye on it but it sounds like just a regurgitation of too much water - it tends to go a bit phlegmy once it has gone into the stomach. I have a stafford here who does the same thing...

If it continues, it may pay to just get her checked out anyway

ahh thankyou,

I thought it was probably something like that as there were no other 'symtoms' I had just got in so not sure when she last had a drink and the men of my house would not notice something like that LOL

any way, they have been fed and are now having quality, cuddle time after being on thier own for most of the day

thanks again :D

Keep an eye on it but it sounds like just a regurgitation of too much water - it tends to go a bit phlegmy once it has gone into the stomach. I have a stafford here who does the same thing...

If it continues, it may pay to just get her checked out anyway

I'd just watch overnight, and if fine in the morning, well, alls good, if acting sick? vet?

Go with your gut.

For me - if it seems serious (throwing up non-stop, bone sticking out, excreting blood, screaming in pain) then we are off to the vet immediately.

If it is less life threatening I'll give it 24 hours and REST the dog and see how things develop/improve. If there is a dramatic/rapid decline at any point then we are off straight away, if there is no improvement or they get worse in the course of the day then we usually head off to the vet. (I say usually because sometimes it becomes clear it is not worth a trip straight away and we keep an eye on them for another day.)

I know a lot of people tend to race off to the vet straight away, this is just another point of view.

Thanks for your reply's

we took the wait and see option as there was nothing else going on, her usual bouncy self and ate her evening meal the same as usual.

today when I got home at 4pm having left them in the yard at 12:30 there was some clear vomit on the concrete.

so I rang the vet and they said it could be anything including kennal cough and best to take her in, we were still not overly worried but as it had happened again decided to be safe rather than sorry.

$43 later - checked her temp etc everything OK nothing wrong

ahhhhh well at least it gave them some good separate time, I took the other one on a nice long walk while hubbywas at the vet. :thumbsup: