Cut It Or Leave It

~JoLu~

Hey there :cool:

Lulu (GSDx) has a lump/cyst on her neck, vet says is caused by an infected hair follicle? Vet said she can express it but it will likely come back bigger than before. Or she can remove it surgically.

It isn't bothering Lu, and is in an area she can't reach. I'm wondering if it's worth the pain (and risk) to Lu to have surgery for something that isn't causing her any dramas?

Vet gave me the impression that it wasn't absolutely necessary to have it removed :rofl: .

Just after some opinions/experiences :p

My boy had something similar on his side - vet basically said to leave it and if he was ever sedated for any reason then they would remove it then.

A couple of months later he was under for a couple of stitches (cut an artery in his leg) so they remove it while he was sedated.

It healed quickly and hasn't returned.

Mokha had one of these in his groin and we had it drained while he was under general anesthetic for other reasons. It had not responded to anti biotics but after being drained it went away. Mokhas infected follicle was only small though but it irritated him so he wanted to lick it all the time.