Oscars Law / Puppy Farms

Rayvale

I have read a fair few posts in relation to these things, but am still not completely clear on Oscars Law as currently proposed. (I know I will sound like a bit of a dummy).

I am trying to explain to a non-doggie person how Oscar's Law will negatively impact on my ability to breed future dogs and cant quite find the right explanation, so I was hoping that you guys might be far better informed than me.

I have only ever bred 4 litters since being registered 3 years ago. Three litters via Caesarian. Sold 3 puppies, gave away 3 and kept one. Currently house 5 adults of my own breed (3 show, 2 pets), and am looking after 2 others. Also have my daughter's GSD on my property.

By no means would I ever have been classed as a breeder breeding for profit or a puppy farmer - BUT, from what I have read on our boards in the past couple of days, should the proposed Oscar's Law go through as is, then I will not even be able to do what I have outlined above.

Guys, I know that eliminating puppy farms is an absolute must, but I really feel sick that the only people out there who are having an impact on the public are people who tack an agenda on to the end of a good intention!

How can I explain Oscar's Law in plain english to my work colleague and how can we all have more of an impact to do the right thing by the dogs and by the ethical breeder?