Considering Temp Smallish Dog Enclosure Vs Crate

ChristineX

For those that don't dip into the health section, thanks to the new dogs at the back who definately have Duke sussed out (and absolutely adore driving him crazy) he has, in the nonstop fence running (mostly quiet on his part, but not on the 4 small dogs in the two adjoining properties) injured his hip. I don't know yet if it is the hip flexor muscle, or the hip joint, and am returning on Tuesday to the vet to investigate further.

In the meantime, if I am not at home to lock him in the house or put him on a leash, he fence runs. Nonstop. Mostly he has stopped trying to throw himself thru the fence (thankfully).

During the working week my work days are now at 10 hours absence (thanks to work's decision that I can't park at work), and I think that just locking him and Kate, my other irish terrier, in the house could be a bit long? Likewise crating?

As I see it, my third option would be to purchase a temporary dog run (K9Pro have one at 2.3 m) and until that leg is better and he has worked thru the new dog trauma, and healed that leg, to put him in there if I have to be out.

I could really use some guidance as to the best way forward.

Kate ignores all dogs completely, by the way.

ChristineX