Not Sure What To Do.

Melo

Just a thought, are you thinking of adding another dog? Not for the sole purlose of keeping your pup entertained but as an addition to the family? If you are away for long periods of time a second dog will cetainly be company for the first one. Keeping in mind that everything is doubled as you would know already having two dogs previously.

Yes he has been through a lot in his short little life, from breeder to new owner, back to breeder, shipped off to the other breeder for me to pick him up from (ok that was only for a few short hours) and then picked up and taken to our place. He has always been with other dogs so this will be a real shock to his system, but I am sure we will get there.

Hi there,

Our giant puppy came from a large litter so when we brought him home we bought him a snuggle puppy to keep him "company". It's a soft plush toy with no removable bits or stuffing so very safe for puppies, it also has a "beating heart" and a heat pack so he would think it's another doggie.

We also crate trained him and keep his crate outside under the verandah so that he would have a safe place when we leave for work. Mind you, he used to howl like a full grown wolf when he was crate training! No barking, just very loud howling :) Then he got used to it :-)

I think these two things really helped Tonka's transition, he's now 16 weeks old :-)

All the best and enjoy your puppy :(