Puppy Crying

giraffez

Hi,

I finally got my puppy! :grimace: But the little fella keeps crying. I think he misses his siblings. As soon as we are out of sight, he starts crying. Sometimes during play, he crawls up to me and starts crying. He is so persistent!

I have try my best to ignore it. I feel so guilty for it. :rofl: how long does it take before he overcomes this period?

Keep him busy, stuffed kong, a meaty bone while you're not in sight?

Sure, he'll be missing his group environment but it won't take long...when I raise a litter I ensure they've had time alone, they sleep seperately at night and this makes it so much easier for when they head off to their new home.

Hi,

I finally got my puppy! :grimace: But the little fella keeps crying. I think he misses his siblings. As soon as we are out of sight, he starts crying. Sometimes during play, he crawls up to me and starts crying. He is so persistent!

I have try my best to ignore it. I feel so guilty for it. :rofl: how long does it take before he overcomes this period?

Hi Giraffez :love:

Have you tried a Snuggle Puppy?

I picked up my little one on Monday, and his settling in has been great with this little item :D

The heartbeat on them is so realistic!

If you do look at purchasing one, you can pick them up cheaper on ebay and or amazon at the moment because our exchange rate is very good :D

If you do decide to get one do not order from Snuggle Me - I did and received nothing in over 6 weeks, tried ringing - number disconnected. Emailed three times - no response. Only a couple of days ago after sending out another email I finally got my money refunded - but again no correspondence.

Best of luck :)

Hi,

Hi Giraffez :love:

Have you tried a Snuggle Puppy?

I picked up my little one on Monday, and his settling in has been great with this little item :D

The heartbeat on them is so realistic!

If you do look at purchasing one, you can pick them up cheaper on ebay and or amazon at the moment because our exchange rate is very good :D

If you do decide to get one do not order from Snuggle Me - I did and received nothing in over 6 weeks, tried ringing - number disconnected. Emailed three times - no response. Only a couple of days ago after sending out another email I finally got my money refunded - but again no correspondence.

Best of luck :)

Agreed. I got one for Jager as he used to cry when we left him alone during the day. Now he is 8 months old, he still snuggles up to it at night, although we dont put the heat pack in or turn the heartbeat on anymore. Also an unwashed shirt is a good option also. But in the end it is just getting them used to spending time alone.

Thanks for that.

His crying is a bit better but still prefers the preference of one of us to be with him when he sleeps. Even if he is with my older dog, he would still whine. He seems to whine a bit when he wants attention, how can i break this behaviour (for example, we put him outside to play and he plays happily until we walk inside the house but won't let him in)

Thanks for that.

His crying is a bit better but still prefers the preference of one of us to be with him when he sleeps. Even if he is with my older dog, he would still whine. He seems to whine a bit when he wants attention, how can i break this behaviour (for example, we put him outside to play and he plays happily until we walk inside the house but won't let him in)

Ignore him.

We had the same problem. When we would put him to bed, as soon as we were out of his sight he would start howling.

And of course, I am weak and I gave into him.

We did the worst thing and started to sit with him until he fell asleep.

We have now changed our ways and we put him to bed (own bed) and leave him. He sooks for a little but then gets over it and goes to sleep. The first time we did it was the worst but he is getting better. He still wakes up throughout the night so we take him to the toilet, put him back to bed and leave him, he then goes back to sleep. We have a touch lamp on low on for him so its not pitch black. We did also use to have a radio going... but we have now stopped and he doesn't miss it.

Now we leave the laundry door open during the day when we are home and he goes outside by himself to go the toilet or to play. He doesn't panic as much anymore when we are out of sight.

Edited by ACD4EVA

We had the same problem. When we would put him to bed, as soon as we were out of his sight he would start howling.

We have now changed our ways and we put him to bed (own bed) and leave him. He sooks for a little but then gets over it and goes to sleep. The first time we did it was the worst but he is getting better. He still wakes up throughout the night so we take him to the toilet, put him back to bed and leave him, he then goes back to sleep. We have a touch lamp on low on for him so its not pitch black. We did also use to have a radio going... but we have now stopped and he doesn't miss it.

Now we leave the laundry door open during the day when we are home and he goes outside by himself to go the toilet or to play. He doesn't panic as much anymore when we are out of sight.

Thanks this is exactly whats happening, but he sooks for like as long as he can and could go on for half and hour to an hour. I think i need to stop giving in and ignore him.

Thanks this is exactly whats happening, but he sooks for like as long as he can and could go on for half and hour to an hour. I think i need to stop giving in and ignore him.

They will cry for a while... Last night our little man howled and barked for 30 mins when we first put him to bed and then he woke up again at 1am and howled for nearly 2 hours! I felt like screaming!! :dancingelephant:

But I just keep thinking that it will only get better (hopefully :dancingelephant: )

Around what age do they stop?

Edited by ACD4EVA