Mobile Vet.

Does anyone know of a good Mobile Vet in Melbourne?

My brother has three dogs that need vaccinating/heart/worm prevention etc., with his fourth child on the way any day now, he's looking at ways to save some money.

He wants to check them out and see whether they actually are cheaper than his regular Vet Clinic.

Your brother could investigate the concept of adopting the "no vaccinations any less than 3 years apart" protocol that the AVA recommend (if he thinks he wants to vaccinate at all any more, assuming the dog now already has immunity to the core diseases).

Heart worm prevention can be purchased by way of 30 day chewables (which are actually suitable to give every 45 days instead of every 30 days) or daily tablets over the internet with considerable savings rather than purchasing directing from the Vet Clinic.

I know of a few people who use a Mobile Vet but I'm sorry that I'm unable to assist as I don't remember the names that were mentioned at the time.

If he doesn't already, he could also look at feeding raw/natural diet - these often prove far less expensive than commercially prepared diets.

Edited by Erny

Hi RSR,

Depending on where you are located, Michael Bell from Craigeburn Vet Clinic holds a session at the Devon Meadows pool (near Cranbourne) on ??? Tuesday afternoon. Last year it was $25 for a C5 injection. If you want to save money on heartworm/intestinal worm medication, check out www.pricelesspets.com.au

greyhound tracks have days when the vets there jabbing dogs ... cheap as dirt

as for worming, every 3 months with something like a Ranvet generic allwormer http://www.greyhoundproductsdirect.com.au/...et.htm#WormFree

http://www.greyhoundproductsdirect.com.au/...s_valueplus.htm

they also sell heartworm treatment, up to $15 for 6 months. It is ivermectin though so make sure the dog is OK with it first