Clicker Training

Hi

Thanks for all your help and suggestions so far....

I tried a tug last night with Sam and she looks like she would like to learn how to play tug so we will keep working on this, as she prefers to play than eat.... we may be able to use that as a reward in the future???

Last night I gave her heaps of room and she did a wonderful job at jumps and weavers :rofl:

I was also throwing her treat at her to catch and she seemed to enjoy that reward better than me feeding her by hand, hence I was thinking......should I maybe start clicker training her so that it is instant approval of action but I can reward later by throwing food, toy etc??? what do you guys think????

I am reasonably new to clicker training, but have heard good things.... do any of you guys use this method and if so what are your tips.... :cry:

Thanks again

Clicker training is wonderful and will teach you heaps! The first things I would train is some tricks that don't have anything to do with formal obedience or agility. It is a very precise method of training and it is all too easy to train something you didn't mean to, so start with something that doesn't matter. 101 Things to do with a Box is a good start. Here is one site...there are many more if you Google

http://www.netplaces.com/golden-retriever/...-with-a-box.htm

Hi

Thanks for all your help and suggestions so far....

I tried a tug last night with Sam and she looks like she would like to learn how to play tug so we will keep working on this, as she prefers to play than eat.... we may be able to use that as a reward in the future???

Last night I gave her heaps of room and she did a wonderful job at jumps and weavers :rofl:

I was also throwing her treat at her to catch and she seemed to enjoy that reward better than me feeding her by hand, hence I was thinking......should I maybe start clicker training her so that it is instant approval of action but I can reward later by throwing food, toy etc??? what do you guys think????

I am reasonably new to clicker training, but have heard good things.... do any of you guys use this method and if so what are your tips.... :cry:

Thanks again

Edited by bedazzledx2