New Quarantine Rules

Wazzat Xolo

Speaking to someone yesterday they stated that there " may be" new rules coming in where dogs may only need to spend 12 days in quarantine if bought in through NZ instead iof the mandatory 30 days here ( six months will still apply in cat 4 counts!)

Has anyone any further info on this ?

Other wise i shall call q and post the answer here!

TIA

Speaking to someone yesterday they stated that there " may be" new rules coming in where dogs may only need to spend 12 days in quarantine if bought in through NZ instead iof the mandatory 30 days here ( six months will still apply in cat 4 counts!)

TIA

Hi,

Have not heard of any changes, but I am speaking to my shipper in the UK tomorrow so will ask him.

Doesn't NZ have quarrantine for arriving dogs?

NZ is introducing a minimum of 12 days quarantine for dogs from everywhere except Australia. At the moment they can come from the UK with no quarantine and Hawaii I think, as well as Australia.

You can't circumvent the quarantine into Australia though because you have to prove the dog has lived in NZ either it's whole life or a minimum period anyway before it can leave NZ for Australia. You also need quarantine clearance to register the dog with the ANKC

I know for a fact that dogs from the UK used to go to NZ then came straight to Australia without spending the 3 months required in NZ or any time in quarantine in Australia but I think the ANKC demanding paperwork and MAF (NZ's AQIS) requiring proof of 'residency' closed that loophole.

Edited by Sandra777

Thank you SS I dont have a problem with the 30 days here, after all most of the dogs I have to import I spend 6 months overseas! 30 days is nothing, I just wanted the low down.

I shall be speaking with a quarantine officer today to clear it all up hopefully. Thanks

J

TIA

Hi,

Have not heard of any changes, but I am speaking to my shipper in the UK tomorrow so will ask him.

I have some docs from the USA shipper i use re the changes expected mid year.

May be good may be just the same !

I ask myself WHY do all the countries I want my lines from be 6 months quarantine lol

TIA

Hi,

I have some docs from the USA shipper i use re the changes expected mid year.

May be good may be just the same !

I ask myself WHY do all the countries I want my lines from be 6 months quarantine lol

Hahaha.....I'm hearing you, although thankfully my last import was from Sweden, but the next is from a category 4, so 9 months before departure and then 30 days in quarantine. I hate loosing all those early months with them!

I spoke to a lady who has a quaranteen place here in NZ, and she said that it doesnt look likely it would take effect? and in any event, it wouldnt be until towards the end of this year that they would do it.

It woudl be great for us if they did, however it is getting VERY expensive now to bring anything in, seems MAF have come down on a few breeders, charging them for the expected litters that that dog can have, regardless of ifs a pet or not.

Any reason for our govt to make more money, no wonder more of us are heading off to oz!

I spoke to a lady who has a quaranteen place here in NZ, and she said that it doesnt look likely it would take effect? and in any event, it wouldnt be until towards the end of this year that they would do it.

It woudl be great for us if they did, however it is getting VERY expensive now to bring anything in, seems MAF have come down on a few breeders, charging them for the expected litters that that dog can have, regardless of ifs a pet or not.

Any reason for our govt to make more money, no wonder more of us are heading off to oz!

Oh damm there goes my using New Zealand quarantine this time!

Oh well you pay for what you get I guess!