Vet Recommendation - North Brisbane

Hi

I’ve recently moved to North Lakes and am looking for a vet that does your usual annual vaccinations, desexing etc. I brought my cat to North Lakes vet clinic but their prices are quite high. Can anyone recommend a vet near North Lakes with more reasonable prices as I’m looking at getting Milo desexed.

Thanks

alvin

You could try Cartmills at Deception Bay.

They seem to be quite popular - I have heard their prices are reasonable but I have no idea how good they are at desexing cats.

I prefer to go to vets that I know are good at what they do when it comes to operations - not necessarily how cheap they are - although cheap is always appreciated. :(

Brighton is a little bit of a drive but info for you just in case......North Road Vet at Brighton is probably much the same price as North Lakes but the care and attention and service is great. I took my kitten to a vet at Strathpine seeking cheap alternatives and when I rang up after not hearing feedback around lunch time I was told that they had a few issues....one being that they cut "him" open and after "digging around" and "not finding a uterus" they "realised he was a boy, not a girl! The poor little boy's wound then got infected and it goes on and on.........

Now if I am shopping for a cheaper vet it will only be for annual injections or things that cannot be stuffed up!

I have heard good reports about Simon, the vet from 3rd Avenue Vet Brighton who's service is impeccable and his prices are also generous. Might be worth a call if the bit of a drive doesnt bother you too much.

Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions and point taken. The vet I'd seen at North Lakes is pretty professional and attention to detail is there. I was quoted more than $500 for dental work on my cat which is think is really expensive. Now that I want to get the dog, Milo, desexed as well, I'm just looking for other alternatives. If I cant find anything other alternatives, I'll probably go back to north Lakes for peace of mind.