Dog Talk With Relatives

Lollipup

My dad used to be a greyhound trainer and loved everything about them. He also had firm opinions on feeding, training, housing, medicating.......just about everything to do with dogs. He hasn't had dogs for years now, but I must say, he is a very proud "dog-grandaddy" and doesn't try and lecture me on my dogs. My ways are different to his, but then my dogs have a different purpose than his did.

Instead, we chat about the pros and cons of various feeding methods, different ways to care for dogs, he tells me about the various characters he had in his kennels over the year and I appreciate his knowledge and his stories.

But most of all I appreciate his interest in my dogs. He is so proud of them, he loves that I have pedigree dogs and he brags about them to anyone who will listen!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad used to be a greyhound trainer and loved everything about them. He also had firm opinions on feeding, training, housing, medicating.......just about everything to do with dogs. He hasn't had dogs for years now, but I must say, he is a very proud "dog-grandaddy" and doesn't try and lecture me on my dogs. My ways are different to his, but then my dogs have a different purpose than his did.

Instead, we chat about the pros and cons of various feeding methods, different ways to care for dogs, he tells me about the various characters he had in his kennels over the year and I appreciate his knowledge and his stories.

But most of all I appreciate his interest in my dogs. He is so proud of them, he loves that I have pedigree dogs and he brags about them to anyone who will listen!

awww thats awesome. I would love it if we could be like that.

my family thinks mutts are better and healthier dogs. most people I know think that actually.