Socialization....puppy Play Dates?

jysb90

Hello everyone :thumbsup:

This is my first post after joining, so I'm a little nervous..and embarrassed!

Hmm...so my problem..I have a nearly 13wk old Miniature Schnauzer puppy called Simba.

He's just finished puppy school, and I've been training him regularly, so he does all the usual - sit, drop, up, touch, shake, wait, stay, leave, etc

He's going to join the Obedience class, but he can't do so until he finishes his 3rd vacc. (16wks)

It'll be great for Simba to meet other puppies/dogs, but joining another puppy school doesn't appeal very much, as there isn't much 'socializing' happening.

Mostly they teach you how potty train, walk on leash, etc.

So...my question is...

What are your opinions on Puppy Play Dates??

And is anyone interested in one??

Edited by jysb90

Hi and welcome, puppy play dates are great. With mine I liked to make sure the other dogs were vaccinated and dog friendly and pick a safe place for the socializing.

Where a bouts in Vic are you?

Hi and welcome, puppy play dates are great. With mine I liked to make sure the other dogs were vaccinated and dog friendly and pick a safe place for the socializing.

Where a bouts in Vic are you?

Hi tlc! :(

I'm in melbourne vic. ahhh.. eastern melbourne to be more precise

I've been searching for puppy play dates for the last hour but haven't been able to find any :thumbsup:

Edited by jysb90

Lots of members here are from Melbourne so hopefully you will be able to find someone keen for a play date!

Sounds like your boys training is coming along nicely! Any photos? I was at my friends today she has a mini Schnauzer, she is such a funny dog, very vocal and at the moment she looks so funny with her fur, she is due for a haircut and she is like a ball of fluff!

Guest Panzer Attack!

I'm out west but am more than willing to travel to have a lovely little puppy play. I've got a 10 week old Papillon and I LOOOOOVVVEEEE Schnauzers!!!! Are you going to hand-strip or clip? I groom for a living so let me know if you want any pointers or tips :(

E x

Lots of members here are from Melbourne so hopefully you will be able to find someone keen for a play date!

Sounds like your boys training is coming along nicely! Any photos? I was at my friends today she has a mini Schnauzer, she is such a funny dog, very vocal and at the moment she looks so funny with her fur, she is due for a haircut and she is like a ball of fluff!

simba was also a ball of fluff until tuesday!

he went to groomers looking like a muddy ball of pup-smelling fur, and came back a salt&pepper granpa pup!

we were so surprised, in fact, we wouldn't have recognized him if he hadn't wagged his tail and vigorously wiggled out of the groomer's arms!

(but the major giveaway was the collar ahaha!)

im planning to take lots of pics, so ill attach some very soon! he's growing so fast!

I'm out west but am more than willing to travel to have a lovely little puppy play. I've got a 10 week old Papillon and I LOOOOOVVVEEEE Schnauzers!!!! Are you going to hand-strip or clip? I groom for a living so let me know if you want any pointers or tips :p

E x

Awww! a papillon!! I love their butterfly ears!! :p

I went to a local groomer, and just left everything up to her. Actually, I really wanted to clip him myself, but people started scaring me when they told me stories of bleeding puppy nails and poking eyes, puppies stripped naked, etc. I wish I was talented like you, but I was never an artist! Thank you for the ofe btw :rofl: Anyway, so I thought I'd leave the nail cutting up to the groomer and the concrete paths.

I've never been to a puppy play date before, so I'm not quite sure what to do!! :(

I guess we need a safe, puppy-friendly place and puppies??

Sounds like a cutie!

What about the DOL meets at Kepala (see the social part of the forum) - they often book the puppy run and it's a great place to meet other dogs in a safe environment.

Kelapa sounds great! Thx Alyra!! :)