Pet Insurance?

We are just about to take out all the different kinds of insurance in the world lol, and the first up is Pet Insurance.

So, any opinions?

We'll need it for one Puppy, One Young Dog, and Two Birman Kittens. I am looking now, myself, but its always good to hear from "real people" how good certain places are :shrug:

Does anyone also have cats (if this makes a difference?) and have opinions about the best pet insurance for both Cats and Dogs?

Also if the puppy is not yet desexed (will be at 6 months or whenever our vet reccomends) does this make the insurance higher? The rest of our animals are spayed and apart from the puppy (will be remedied wednesday) are all upto date with all vaccs, worming, checks etc.

Is there insurance carrier that is better than the others for yearly perks, or anyones better in the case of hip dysplasia or problems (i.e. if surgery or medical management is needed). Our dogs aren't showing signs or anything, its just the one thing I would rather make sure I am insured for if its possible to get it.

Thanks for any opinions/advice.

Haven't had to use it, but Kenzie is with 1300Insurance.

Just make sure you read the fine prints and prioritise what is important to you. Also consider if you plan to stay with them or move - old dogs generally can't be insured for illness with most companies and if you change companies when the dog is "old" then it will only be eligible for accident cover ("old" seems to be either 7yo or 9yo depending on the company).

• 1 month later...

We are just about to take out all the different kinds of insurance in the world lol, and the first up is Pet Insurance.

So, any opinions?

We'll need it for one Puppy, One Young Dog, and Two Birman Kittens. I am looking now, myself, but its always good to hear from "real people" how good certain places are :shrug:

Does anyone also have cats (if this makes a difference?) and have opinions about the best pet insurance for both Cats and Dogs?

Also if the puppy is not yet desexed (will be at 6 months or whenever our vet reccomends) does this make the insurance higher? The rest of our animals are spayed and apart from the puppy (will be remedied wednesday) are all upto date with all vaccs, worming, checks etc.

Is there insurance carrier that is better than the others for yearly perks, or anyones better in the case of hip dysplasia or problems (i.e. if surgery or medical management is needed). Our dogs aren't showing signs or anything, its just the one thing I would rather make sure I am insured for if its possible to get it.

Thanks for any opinions/advice.

Hi, I am using medibank pet insurance and my dog has just been diagnosed with HD. They paid $900 for x-rays treatment with no problems. Tanya

• 1 month later...

We have prosure, you get 80% back which I think is pretty good, our golden had a ear infection at her 12 week vaccination and then had a urinary tract infection so we decided to get the insurance which is a good thing we did, she got another uti within 30 days of having the insurance so we couldnt get the money back but since then we have had her desexed - cost $300 got $150 back, she's had xrays - $600ish and she had been diagnosed with ocd in her front right shoulder which cost us $3,500 and we got roughly $2,800 back. It's definitely good to have in case something does happen