Toilet Training My Poodle-x

im tipping ur pup is small if so u should look at the bunnings pens - they are a compost bin but look just like a puppy pena nd they are only 24 bucks for 4 panels so u can make it as big as u want! i used cable ties to make it cause the things they come with drove me up the wall hahhaa and then where u want a gate use something like a carrabeena or a dog lead clip :)

search the forums for bunnings crate/pen and u should get heaps of info on them

Thank you sooo much! Just the advice ive been after! Will get onto it :thumbsup:

Hate to rain on this parade but there's no way I'd leave a pup unattended in such a pen. The risk of them catching a leg trying to climb out is real. Anything you leave a pup unattended in needs to be roofed IMO.

Charlie is there any particular reason your pup cannot have access to your yard? Have you considered installing a dog door? You've got a mix of two very active breeds that needs exposure to fresh air and sunlight AND the daily opportunity for decent exercise to grow well.

I'd be opting for a dog door and making at least part of your yard safe.

Edited by poodlefan

I agree with PF on the bunnings pens, unless fully supervised I wouldn't leave pup unattended in one of those at all. All 4 of my dogs are the same cross as yours and there is no way any of them would have stayed in one of them unless they were asleep. :confused:

What type of dog is your other dog? When I got Lacy (puppy number 2) I put her and Cooper together when she was 10 weeks old and she was tiny but I was really confident that they would be fine together unattended.

P1070779.jpg

This is why I knew they would be fine together

P1010904.jpg

Do you have any photos?

I just read back to see that your older dog is 11, so probly not a good idea to leave them together unattended, unless you are sure the older dog can cope with a bouncy puppy.

Edited by tlc

im tipping ur pup is small if so u should look at the bunnings pens - they are a compost bin but look just like a puppy pena nd they are only 24 bucks for 4 panels so u can make it as big as u want! i used cable ties to make it cause the things they come with drove me up the wall hahhaa and then where u want a gate use something like a carrabeena or a dog lead clip :confused:

search the forums for bunnings crate/pen and u should get heaps of info on them

Thanks so much, just bought one at bunnings, now just have to get past the barking that happens once i put him in as he's used to roaming free!!

I agree with PF on the bunnings pens, unless fully supervised I wouldn't leave pup unattended in one of those at all. All 4 of my dogs are the same cross as yours and there is no way any of them would have stayed in one of them unless they were asleep. :confused:

What type of dog is your other dog? When I got Lacy (puppy number 2) I put her and Cooper together when she was 10 weeks old and she was tiny but I was really confident that they would be fine together unattended.

P1070779.jpg

This is why I knew they would be fine together

P1010904.jpg

Do you have any photos?

I just read back to see that your older dog is 11, so probly not a good idea to leave them together unattended, unless you are sure the older dog can cope with a bouncy puppy.

OMG your dogs are sooooo cute!! What breed? Same as mine, cocker spaniel x poodle? Yeah im a bit stuck on how to bond them, im thinking keep them in seperate parts of the yard while we arent there then try bond them on walks together etc when were home.. I just bought one of those pens from bunnings, ill give that a shot to fence Charlie off in part of the yard, i dont know so may opinions it gets confusing! Guess i just have to see what works for us.. He will freak out though when i put him in there, i just know it! Any suggestions there?

So hold old was your bigger dog when you introduced the pup? sooo cute :sick:

Cooper was 8 months old when I got Lacy, introduced them on neutral territory and Cooper loved her right away.

Yes mine are all poo x spaniel.

You could put pups toys in the pen, fill a kong with food, give pup a chicken wing anything to take his mind off where he is. I found with all of mine they hated any sort of isolation and loved being with people and each other. I know lots of people who have this cross and it s not one that does well on thier own, like most dogs they love being part of the family. I used a porta cot for all of mine (except Cooper) just so they could have time out when they got tired, I had to be the judge of that or they would play with each other till exhaustion set in. :thumbsup: