Canon Lens Error

PooMother

Hi Everyone

My Canon EFS 17-85mm has started coming up with an eror code so I changed the lens over to my 1.8 50mm for the last 2 days.

I have just placed the other one back on to get the code to write here and now it seems to be working fine? It would come up with the error when shooting single shots but not if it was in say sports mode. I think it was error code 1?

Thanks for any info albeit without the correct error code :)

Oh my camera is a 40D

Have you cleaned the contacts? Sometimes yu can get dust and that causes the camera to have issues. When my 70-300 black l;ens was new I frozde up and had an error message (only a couple of weeks of use but it was hot and summer and dusty weather). Took it off and back and and was fine but others told me to make sure I clean the contacts regardless.

So if the battery is fine I'd suggest just giving the contacts on both the camera and the lens a wipe with a clean microfibre cloth just to make sure they dont ahve dust or grime you cant really see.

Have you cleaned the contacts? Sometimes yu can get dust and that causes the camera to have issues. When my 70-300 black l;ens was new I frozde up and had an error message (only a couple of weeks of use but it was hot and summer and dusty weather). Took it off and back and and was fine but others told me to make sure I clean the contacts regardless.

So if the battery is fine I'd suggest just giving the contacts on both the camera and the lens a wipe with a clean microfibre cloth just to make sure they dont ahve dust or grime you cant really see.

Thankyou shall give that a go. Battery seems fine, I only recharge when it is flat and it holds the charge for ages.