Oscar With The Canon 1000d

I have been having lots of fun playing around with my new camera. I particularly love the sports mode. Wondering what programs people use to edit their photos? Let me know your thoughts and any tips would really help. What other modes are good for different situations?

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3275.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3319.jpg

IMG_3338.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

Looking good :thumbsup:!!

As for editing software - I use Photoscape, it's free and simple (yet, I'm still too lazy to edit my photos much :thumbsup:)

Thanks for the tip, what program did you make your sig with?

Photoscape :thumbsup: I used the 'Page' option.

I have been having lots of fun playing around with my new camera. I particularly love the sports mode. Wondering what programs people use to edit their photos? Let me know your thoughts and any tips would really help. What other modes are good for different situations?

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3275.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3319.jpg

IMG_3338.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

:) Great pics, I have the same camera, but dont get the clarity you have, what lense do you use? I use the automatic settings, cant get my head around the custom settings yet, well done :)

:( Great pics, I have the same camera, but dont get the clarity you have, what lense do you use? I use the automatic settings, cant get my head around the custom settings yet, well done :)

Thanks, the first pic is the small lens I think it is 18-55mm and the rest are on the bigger lens, the 75-300mm. I am just using the standards lenses it came with that I assume you would have? It is good fun and so rewarding when you get some good pics. Hope that helps :D

Also re resizing so it can be a sig, I used the program suggested by dogsports and it has a feature that you can resize it in the program before you save. If that doesn't work you can always use resizing programs, I personally use infranview.

Also re auto funtions, the second pic I am pretty sure I was using the auto feature but the other pictures was the sports features.

Thanks for the insight, I played around yesterday and used the long distance lense, was pleased with the results, heres one of Griff.....hunting :vomit:

5642182803_fbbf30ceba.jpg

Griff by indiwhippet, on Flickr

I think this one was on sports setting :vomit:

Glad it helped Binx- great pic of Griff!

Thanks NAO - took some more today, still having probs with "action" shots, think I am going to have to go in to the manual set up, I think I need the shutter speed quicker bit nervous though, heres a mid air one of Gala - shame about the fence though

5649299928_3b3e0130fd.jpg

IMG_0869 by indiwhippet, on Flickr