Dog Trainer / Behavourist

Hi

I am looking for a professional dog trainer / behavourist in the liverpool area of Sydney. I have 2 male beagles 4.5 yrs old and nearly 4 years old. We need some professional help. One of the main issues include pulling on the lead when walking. We could also do with some help with jumping up and general doggie manners. They have been to puppy school and some group dog training but I think we need more one on one, with our two dogs together, possibly at home, so they can see the issues we are having. I have found several trainers using google, but would be good to have a recommendation. I asked our vet but they were unable to give any recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Michelle

Hi, I am in the liverpool area. I don't have an opinion on a local one but my friend used K9pro but they are at Kurrajong Heights. Have you tried any trainers at all to address your issues yet? Walking on lead issues is best for someone to see to know what the issue is sowill not comment on that. On doggy manners have you heard the term NFIL (nothing free in life)? Do you make them earn everything. Examples, sitting and staying before they can eat, sitting before you throw a ball, Not allowed to go through the door first before you etc. Doing more of this helped us. Also my dog was out of control everytime she came in, jumping on furniture and being silly. Having a GSD do this inside your house is very concerning, it was driving me crazy. I then tried on lead training inside the house. It has made things better. She went on the lead before entering so I had control, then she had to sit in her bed and not walk around. If she miss behaved to much it was out the door with her. It has helped alot. Just some food for thought until you get a response from someone who knows someone local.

I have 3 reccomendations in no particular order.

Craig Murray who I believe is out in Cow Pasture Road now and does home visits: 0408 113 874

Luci Ellem who is in Austral and you'd go out to her: (02) 9606 9454, she does one on ones and is also starting up her obedience classes over the next couple of weeks.

Steve at K9 Pro who does both home visits and at his location: http://www.k9pro.com.au/

Edited by MEH