Hernia Or Something Else?

Just a quick question.

My female, almost 9 year old, Stafford has developed a hard-ish lump on her right hand side...around the waist area.

It only seems to have developed overnight, after she had a particularly stressed evening due to thunderstorm.

She's eating and drinking fine, had her walk this morning & doesn't seem to be in any discomfort (though being a Stafford can often hide it well!). (And I think has had bowel movement).

Just wondering if anyone knows what it might be? Probably around the size of a 10c coin.

Obviously I'm not going to wait around too long and keep an eye on her and take to vet within the next 24 hours, just in case it is a hernia...

But just wasn't sure because of where it is on her abdomen.

Any advice appreciated! Thanks.

Edited by TessiesTracey

Just a quick question.

My female, almost 9 year old, Stafford has developed a hard-ish lump on her right hand side...around the waist area.

It only seems to have developed overnight, after she had a particularly stressed evening due to thunderstorm.

She's eating and drinking fine, had her walk this morning & doesn't seem to be in any discomfort (though being a Stafford can often hide it well!). (And I think has had bowel movement).

Just wondering if anyone knows what it might be? Probably around the size of a 10c coin.

Obviously I'm not going to wait around too long and keep an eye on her and take to vet within the next 24 hours, just in case it is a hernia...

But just wasn't sure because of where it is on her abdomen.

Any advice appreciated! Thanks.

Very hard to say, I would get her to the vet and have it checked out. If it is a lump, the vet can also do a fine needle aspiration.

Dagmar