Help To Find Pet Friendly Rental In Brisbane!

kitty

Hi all - i'm posting on behalf of friends who are looking for a rental in Brisbane. There isn't much out there are the moment through the usual channels.

They both work, have fantastic rental history, and have a one year old boxer. Preferably the East Side (they are currently living in Carina, and would prefer this side of town still!). Budget is around 400 p/w.

If you know of anyone, or you have a rental - please let me know!!

Thanks!

Hi all - i'm posting on behalf of friends who are looking for a rental in Brisbane. There isn't much out there are the moment through the usual channels.

They both work, have fantastic rental history, and have a one year old boxer. Preferably the East Side (they are currently living in Carina, and would prefer this side of town still!). Budget is around 400 p/w.

If you know of anyone, or you have a rental - please let me know!!

Thanks!

My son and his partner have a Ridgy and today they have received approval for a brand new (house) rental at Springfield Lakes for less that $400 p/w. Not in the right area but thought I'd add it anyway - there were a number of dog-friendly rentals found on realestate.com :)

Edited by gsdog2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest donatella

i'm going to have to start looking at the same thing in the next few month and my google searches show that you can download an extension to realstate.com called petfriendrentals or something. not sure how legit it is but apparently it widens the search.

Hello

Just a bit of advice for your friends.

We just recently started renting and have two dogs. I actually found that quite a few houses were willing to take pets but they do not actually make mention of it in the advertisments. So it does pay to ring the RE and enquire if you see a house in your price bracket. Thats how I found my rental. Some RE agents are rude to you that you ask but others are really helpful.

We rent out our house in Brisbane and to be honest I would rather have tenants with pets than children because i see the damage my neices and nephews cause with toys, games etc.

I hope they find something soon.

Guest donatella

Hello

Just a bit of advice for your friends.

We just recently started renting and have two dogs. I actually found that quite a few houses were willing to take pets but they do not actually make mention of it in the advertisments. So it does pay to ring the RE and enquire if you see a house in your price bracket. Thats how I found my rental. Some RE agents are rude to you that you ask but others are really helpful.

We rent out our house in Brisbane and to be honest I would rather have tenants with pets than children because i see the damage my neices and nephews cause with toys, games etc.

I hope they find something soon.

:rofl::thumbsup:

i said the same thing to my mum when i have to move. my little 2.8kg dog is far less (if at all) destructive compared to children. better toilet trained too :laugh:

Tell your friends to call local Real Estate agents in the areas they are looking and explain what they are looking for ie: $400 p/w and dog friendly and the real estate will be able to tell them off the bat what houses they have available that are pet friendly and if they are not sure about specific houses they will call the owners and check to see if they are pet friendly or not.

The extension spoken about earlier, petfriendlyrentals is legit and I have used it. I think you need to have Mozilla Firefox to use it though.

Also tell them to look on Gumtree a fair few landlords (people who don't use agents) as well as agents advertise on there. I found my house on Gumtree in the Wynnum area and I have two dogs, both approved and on the lease :)

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

We started applying in april, not knowing what to expect, we have a staffy x and cattle dog x and the first 2 houses we applied for we were approved for! there are a lot more places available than you would imagine! :) If the add doesnt state either way, then apply and put all pets on the application. Im under the impression they have to put all apps forward to the owners regardless, to make the final call! :)

Best of luck!