Naughty Sheltie

koolietas

I left my sheltie in my bedroom with a plastic wrapped Kiss biscuit within sheltie's reach...came back in 10 mins later, Kiss biscuit gone and sheltie very busy licking up all the hundreds and thousands off the carpet! Little bugger ate all the plastic wrap too...

Why oh why am I so stupid :stupid:

Just pondering now whether I should try and make him vomit or leave him be and hope it passes through ok.

Is it the chocolate in the biscuit or the plastic wrapper you are worried about?

You could always call your vet or nearest emergency vet and discuss it with them, better safe than sorry

;) should know better than to leave food within reach of a sheltie LOL

Is it the chocolate in the biscuit or the plastic wrapper you are worried about?

You could always call your vet or nearest emergency vet and discuss it with them, better safe than sorry

;) should know better than to leave food within reach of a sheltie LOL

Hi Hollys mummy,

I have no probs with the biscuit (well, it's not exactly prey model - but as a one off I'll live with it!) its the plastic wrap that concerns me...although, yes, I haven't been quick enough before to stop him from eating plastic wrapped sandwiches (left near a park next to a school), plastic wrapped chocolate fudge and foil wrapped easter rabbit chocolate and eggs - although at least it was white chocolate and last but not least - balloons! He's an absolute shocker (even for a sheltie) with food. Honestly, he checks every piece of dried chewing gum, every white dot, every piece of paper, every road marker (you get the picture) out on walks...I swear he should be muzzled sometimes.

Last time I called the vet (when he ate the plastic wrapped fudge) they told me that it would more than likely pass and to check poops to make sure. Will stay at home and work tomorrow to keep an eye on him.

Naughty pup!

My dog is terrible when I walk him. He finds food everywhere. He loves walking past the train station – chewing gum must be tasty.

I hope it is another case of just “passing through.”

I understand the stress though. My mothers dog ate half a bamboo skewer once.

It was left over from a BBQ. My mother tried to pull the meat off in front of the dog. The dog jumped up, broke the skewer in half and ran away (with my mother screaming!) She swallowed the skewer whole. We rushed her to the vet, in tears of course. The vet said it would be very risky (given the shape and apparently work around the guts can send the dog into shock and cause death).

So we went home. Crying and holding the dog (who had NO idea what the commotion was about).

She passed the skewer fine. We found it in her poop. Dogs guts are impressive.

It was left over from a BBQ. My mother tried to pull the meat off in front of the dog. The dog jumped up, broke the skewer in half and ran away (with my mother screaming!) She swallowed the skewer whole. We rushed her to the vet, in tears of course. The vet said it would be very risky (given the shape and apparently work around the guts can send the dog into shock and cause death).

:confused:

So why didn't the vet recommend opening the dog up to remove it?? As I understand it such skewers are now the items most commonly removed from dogs stomachs in operations.

My son is in the Police service and for a few years he was a member of the dog squad and one day on duty in Sydney his Lab went scurrying under a bush and he was sure his dog was onto a scent (his dog was an explosion and fire arms dog), anyway the dog come out from under the bush with a ROAST BEEF ROLL and scoffed it before he could stop him :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: .

When he told me I couldn't stop laughing but was very, very embarrassed as he has an public audience.

I left my sheltie in my bedroom with a plastic wrapped Kiss biscuit within sheltie's reach...came back in 10 mins later, Kiss biscuit gone and sheltie very busy licking up all the hundreds and thousands off the carpet! Little bugger ate all the plastic wrap too...

Just pondering now whether I should try and make him vomit or leave him be and hope it passes through ok.

:rofl: :rofl:

I would leave him be. . . . you may find some gift wrapped pooh some stage soon. . . .LOL Naughty Koolie. . . . :laugh:

:rofl: :rofl:

I would leave him be. . . . you may find some gift wrapped pooh some stage soon. . . .LOL Naughty Koolie. . . . :laugh:

Not surprising though is it :D No gift wrapped poop yet, but imagine will get some in the morning.

My son is in the Police service and for a few years he was a member of the dog squad and one day on duty in Sydney his Lab went scurrying under a bush and he was sure his dog was onto a scent (his dog was an explosion and fire arms dog), anyway the dog come out from under the bush with a ROAST BEEF ROLL and scoffed it before he could stop him :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: .

When he told me I couldn't stop laughing but was very, very embarrassed as he has an public audience.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: he he

Sounds familiar...Koolie disappeared from my view on an off lead walk a few years ago (very unusual for him to leave my sight) - ended up finding him a few mins later with his head in a bush next to a rubbish bin which was very close to a bbq area. Head was covered in potato salad - he was having the time of his life...took me days to get the smell of mayo out of his fur :laugh::laugh::laugh: