K9pro Loose Leash Walking Dlp

Kitteh

Umm... Your post 18 of this thread...

[quote]As others have noted, WA is not oozing with great trainers for "problem" dogs and if you have followed my posts you will know that I am not an inexperienced handler of GSD's. My choices of personal training were either food (Skye is not food driven in a reactive state) or to shut her down completely with a choke chain which I did not want to do. I did my homework and the results I am having with Steve's DLP far outweigh any personal training I had received[/quote]

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tia

My dog, Bo, and I are successful students of K9 Pro's LLW Programme as well. Bo, like your Harper, was very reactive - to dogs, birds, anything that moved, but particularly dogs. I did not do my LLW program by long distance. I consulted with Steve one-on-one for this behavioural issue as well as some others, however, I know other clients of K9 Pro who have undertaken this program by Long Distance, including Skye GSD, and who are as happy with the program and results as I am.

Like anything in life, do your research (as you sensibly are) and also take into account (as you sensibly are) those who have actually walked the walk (on a new found loose leash!)- everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it, of course - but, from what you've indicated, you are keen to hear from those who have actually undertaken the program for their constructive feedback.

In my humble opinion, I think you would find it of great value but as others have suggested on this thread, it would be worth emailing Steve and his team so they can adequately assess your own personal situation and needs.

For what it's worth, I personally have the highest regard for Steve and his professional capabilities - I can assure you, Tia, you and Harper will be in good hands if you do decide to proceed.

Good luck and let us know how you progress - reactivity is no picnic, I know this only too well - BUT - we have it sorted now thank goodness and I am enjoying a loose leash walk thanks to Mr Courtney! :thumbsup:

Hope to hear how you ultimately go - Cheers, Vicki

[quote]As others have noted, WA is not oozing with great trainers for "problem" dogs and if you have followed my posts you will know that I am not an inexperienced handler of GSD's. My choices of personal training were either food (Skye is not food driven in a reactive state) or to shut her down completely with a choke chain which I did not want to do. I did my homework and the results I am having with Steve's DLP far outweigh any personal training I had received[/quote]

I said "not oozing with great trainers" NOT there were none. I would have continued to search WA if I had not sent an email to Steve Courtney and been totally satisfied with our progress. Why is it that some people cannot be happy that someone else is having success with their dog - irrespective of the method used??????

I am happy for you...no issue there. Just a bit disappointed in how you have spoken on this and other threads about WA trainers. Enough of the semantics...

I said "not oozing with great trainers" NOT there were none. I would have continued to search WA if I had not sent an email to Steve Courtney and been totally satisfied with our progress. Why is it that some people cannot be happy that someone else is having success with their dog - irrespective of the method used??????

I am happy for you...no issue there. Just a bit disappointed in how you have spoken on this and other threads about WA trainers. Enough of the semantics...

With all due respect, Bedazzledx2, I am very familiar with Skye GSD's history and her postings on DOL - I am bemused by your disappointment for I have not seen her disparage WA trainers online or during my own personal conversations with her. She ultimately found what worked for her and her dog and I'm pleased you are happy for her - as we all should be. Though, to be honest, it doesn't much sound like it.