Guidelines

blitz3

can anyone tell me where i can find the guidelines for disabled exhibitors in australia? im asking as i am a disabled exhibitor in nz and i've heard the nzkc will be adopting the australian guidelines for disabled exhibitors

can anyone tell me where i can find the guidelines for disabled exhibitors in australia? im asking as i am a disabled exhibitor in nz and i've heard the nzkc will be adopting the australian guidelines for disabled exhibitors

Hi,

These rules are slightly different for each state......and for NSW come under the heading of Exhibitors needing a runner ( or something similiar) just go to each State head body....and look up the rules ie DogsNSW......just go through the menus, you dont have to be a member to look up rules, and you should find them in the Show Section.

For Dogsnsw.....look up rules for Show section 12:21 Use of a Runner by Disabled Person

Edited by Showpony

thanks everyone, looked on Dogs NSW but couldn't find it to save myself i must be looking in the wrong plce, its good to know there is allowances though as i had a complaint made about me here for my mum coming into the ring to take my baby puppy off my knee as i'm a tetraplegic in a wheelchair

thanks everyone, looked on Dogs NSW but couldn't find it to save myself i must be looking in the wrong plce, its good to know there is allowances though as i had a complaint made about me here for my mum coming into the ring to take my baby puppy off my knee as i'm a tetraplegic in a wheelchair

Hi,

This is the main part of the rules for DogsNSW,

12.21 Use of Runner by Disabled Person (3/08)

(a) Upon application, the Board of Directors will consider requests from disabled

Members to use the services of a runner to assist in the exhibition of dogs in

conformation Classes.

Such applications must be accompanied by documentary evidence of a disability in the

form of a Doctor’s Certificate or evidence of a Disability Pension.

When approval is given in such cases, the following conditions apply;

(i) the runner used must be a member of Dogs NSW or of another member body of

the ANKC.

(ii) when utilising the services of the runner, the disabled exhibitor is required to

either leave the ring or retire to the perimeter of the ring as closely as possible to

the point at which the dog is to be, or was, presented for assessment by the judge

and at such times is not permitted to gesture to the exhibit in any way.

(iii) in any case where an exhibitor intends to use a runner at a show, a copy of their

approval letter must be either sent with the relevant Entry Forms or presented at

the Secretary’s Office for the Show at least fifteen minutes prior to the

advertised commencement time for judging.

There is a lady who shows from a wheelchair in the toy group in WA. Her sister(?) goes into the ring with her and pushes the wheelchair and puts the dogs on the table.

Hi,

I have also seen a lady in a wheelchair show a Cattle Dog the same way........I have also seen several owners for whatever reason who cannot run, use a runner, and the owner sets the dog up then the runner takes the dog and the owner stands in the marshalling area, basically as per the rules.........but from what I have seen there is alot more latitude given to wheelchair handlers.......and so there should be!!!!!!

Hi,

I hope someone told this person off....how bloody rude !!!!!

Hi,

I hope someone told this person off....how bloody rude !!!!!

i don't think so and since they didn't make the complaint official i didn't find out about it til weeks later, i actually show my 10 month old stafford i run him and have taught him to freestack like a pro but there is the odd time he decides to get on my knee and i can't always get him off and thats when my mum comes in to get him.