Brisbane Kennels

4pups

if you are happy to drive u could try http://www.barkroyal.com.au/ down the coast, they are the cleanest kennel i've ever been to, dogs sleep inside, and they have the luxury suites. you can also pay for your pups to have more exercise etc. i used to pay cause in busy periods they only get about 10 mins outside in the morning and arvo, i have working dogs so i paid for some group play sessions. they also do walking and beach trips to i believe.

I agree though im struggling to find somewhere nice that i would leave them around brisbane southside

Guest lavendergirl

Just had a look at the Samford Pet Resort as a possibility for boarding my 2 next time we go away. For those of you who have used them could you please clarify what they mean by 'shared accommodation'. I have never experienced this before. The few times I have used kennels (for a previous dog) they have always had their own area within a kennel block, if you see what I mean. Do they really board your dog in direct contact with other dogs?

Yes most kennels will put your dog in a kennel with at least one other dog of similar size. Some provide individual kennels if you pay extra. Most also let all the dogs out together for "playtime" twice a day.

Guest lavendergirl

if you are happy to drive u could try http://www.barkroyal.com.au/ down the coast, they are the cleanest kennel i've ever been to, dogs sleep inside, and they have the luxury suites. you can also pay for your pups to have more exercise etc. i used to pay cause in busy periods they only get about 10 mins outside in the morning and arvo, i have working dogs so i paid for some group play sessions. they also do walking and beach trips to i believe.

I agree though im struggling to find somewhere nice that i would leave them around brisbane southside

That looks very nice - do they have individual kennels or do the dogs share? It is not clear on the website. I am not happy with what I have seen on the Southside - the ones I have inspected most staff seem to have zero interest in the individual dog. They blather on on their websites about how they need to know about individual dog's problems and then when you try and talk to them about it they "switch off" and show no interest whatsoever. The last one I left Maxie in for a weekend the kennel attendant did not even attempt to establish any connection with him and just "dragged" him off - not happy.

there is the standard and the luxury suite at barkroyal, you can pay less for the luxury suite and "have a friend" sleep with them, ie they share. or you pay the regular rate and they have the luxury to themselves. not sure about the standard rooms I havent used them yet. but the pple are nice and easy to talk to and its the cleanest kennel i've ever seen!! lol so many on the southside are dirty and run down i just dont want to send my dogs there.

Oh also you could try Animal World Pet motel they are at cornubia and park ridge. I had no probs with them they seemed to care about the dogs to, they have luxury suites at their corunbia location. the only prob i had was they dont get put inside at night in the regular runs and raz was getting warnings for barking during the night. if your dogs dont bark then you wouldnt have any problems. I found that place prob the most clean kennel close buy i've seen also. and the dogs are out of their runs in a group yard for most of the day (i really liked that) with supervision of course. i would have no probs taking my 2 bak there

Guest lavendergirl

there is the standard and the luxury suite at barkroyal, you can pay less for the luxury suite and "have a friend" sleep with them, ie they share. or you pay the regular rate and they have the luxury to themselves. not sure about the standard rooms I havent used them yet. but the pple are nice and easy to talk to and its the cleanest kennel i've ever seen!! lol so many on the southside are dirty and run down i just dont want to send my dogs there.

Oh also you could try Animal World Pet motel they are at cornubia and park ridge. I had no probs with them they seemed to care about the dogs to, they have luxury suites at their corunbia location. the only prob i had was they dont get put inside at night in the regular runs and raz was getting warnings for barking during the night. if your dogs dont bark then you wouldnt have any problems. I found that place prob the most clean kennel close buy i've seen also. and the dogs are out of their runs in a group yard for most of the day (i really liked that) with supervision of course. i would have no probs taking my 2 bak there

Warnings for barking :confused: - thats a bit odd - its a kennel! I must get out and have a look at them though a lot don't allow inspections during school holidays - aren't the dogs kept in enclosed kennels at night?

• 2 weeks later...

lavendergirl, no the kennels they stay in are sheltered but no they are not locked inside at night, only the luxury suite dogs are luxury

apparently raz was barking at night so it was becoming bothersome to the owners who live on site. i dunno if he would bark now he has grown up and calmed down. but i def recommend u visit them they are friendly and super clean and the place is well kept